You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1900-1909
 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
[Home Damaged by Colorado River Flood]

[Home Damaged by Colorado River Flood]

Date: [..1909]
Creator: Marks, H. R.
Description: Photograph of a house damaged by the Colorado River flood.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Aerial View of Governor's Mansion]

[Aerial View of Governor's Mansion]

Date: 1909
Creator: unknown
Description: Early photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion front elevation from a high vantage point across the street, showing lot in front of the mansion, grounds. The Carriage House is visible behind trees to the right of the mansion. A wooden fence is visible behind the mansion, but other fences are removed. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1909 was Governor Thomas Mitchell Campbell. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Capitol Grounds - Austin, Texas

Capitol Grounds - Austin, Texas

Date: 1909
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Capitol Grounds in Austin, Texas. The photograph is on the front of a postcard written to Joe Harrell in Kingsland, Texas from Bob. The correspondene on the postcard reads, "It is he_ _ to have to go back to work after having such a fun easy time. Regards to All. Bob."
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Officers and Directors of Emancipation Park Association, 1909]

[Officers and Directors of Emancipation Park Association, 1909]

Date: 1909
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of President Thos. J White and a major portion of annual Officers and Directors of the Organization, 1909. Emancipation Park was an effort to purchase private property where African-Americans could celebrate Juneteenth or Emancipation Day without resistance from white citizens.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Austin High School graduates of 1908

Austin High School graduates of 1908

Date: 1908
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Austin High School graduating class of 1908. Bottom row (left to right): John D. Miller, Ralph Goeth. Middle row (seated left to right): Walter Arlitt, Julius Runge, Robert F. Campbell, M.E. Rogers Jr., Raymond Phelps, Robert Bright, Rufus Waterson. Middle row (standing left to right): Lucy Blocker, Pauline von Rosenberg, Pauline Rex, Katie Clark, Laura Tucker, Janie Tannehill, Inez Slaughter, Salome Anthony, Lomie Layton, Louise Lambie, Cammie Briggs, May Belle Robbins, Lillian Clarke, Nannie von Rosenberg. Back row (standing left to right): Annie F. Campbell, Frankie Cochran, Florence Sears, Lena Rogan, Anna Magee, Agnes Robertson, Edna von Rosenberg, Mabel Maud. Absent: Nettie B. Sullivan (inset bottom right), Rosa Maas, and Preston Reynolds (not pictured).
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Man Sitting on Ledge at Barton Creek]

[Man Sitting on Ledge at Barton Creek]

Date: 1908
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a man sitting on a ledge at Barton Creek.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Old Anderson High School]

[Old Anderson High School]

Date: 1908/1912
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the old Anderson High School for Negro students, a two story wood frame building located in the 900 block of Olive Street at the northeast corner of Olive and Curve Streets. Anderson was a segregated school created for colored students. The building appears to be an "L" configuration, with a small porch at the inside corner of the "L", 6/6 wood windows, a wood shingle roof and a brick chimney. Used from 1908 to 1912, the building appears to have been originally constructed as a residential structure. The school was named in honor of Professor E. H. Anderson, the second principal of Prairie View State College, and one of the pioneer educators of the state.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Train wreck south of Austin in 1908]

[Train wreck south of Austin in 1908]

Date: 1908
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of of wrecked railroad train cars, with a small boy in a hat in the foreground looking at the camera. The elevated end of the locomotive and a damaged stock car are visible.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Austin High School class of 1907

Austin High School class of 1907

Date: 1907
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the twenty-four students in the Austin High School class of 1907. Bottom row (left to right): Ernest von Rosenberg, Tom Byrne, Harwood Stacey, Eugene Hill, Offie Leonard. Middle row (left to right): Arthur Crawford, Irene Maddox, Lillian Krohn, Eva von Homeyer, Louise Smith, Elva Powell, Amelia Nelson, Mabel Harrison, William Ruggles. Back row standing (left to right): Harris Brush, Mary Thaxton, Juanita Yarbrough, Leona Dean, Esther Bishop, Anna Maxwell, Josephine McGuire, P.J. Anthony, and William Jackson. Not present: Johanna Runge and Windom Burke.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Governor's Mansion front entrance]

[Governor's Mansion front entrance]

Date: 1907
Creator: The Elliots
Description: Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion front elevation with cacti urns out front, shows iron fence with gate, very simple limestone steps up to the gate in a white wrought-iron fence. All windows are shuttered. The Carriage House is visible in the right background. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1907 was Governor S.W.T. Lanham. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 NEXT LAST