Description: Photograph of a City of Arlington document detailing the appointment of Mrs. C.C. Rogers as City Marshal of Arlington in 1914 signed by P.F. McKee. The document is dated July 3rd, 1914 and states that she will be paid $5.00 a month. Listed on the document are the city officials and aldermen. Mrs. Rogers was the first female Arlington City Marshal. She was relieved of her duties September 10, 1914. The title of City Marshal was later changed to Police Chief when Pearl Rudd was appointed in 1915. Mrs. Rogers never became a police chief.
Contributing Partner: Arlington Public Library