You limited your search to:

 Language: English
 Collection: Palo Pinto County Album
[Cedar Springs United Methodist Church Plaque]
Photograph of a red granite plaque attached the side of a white clapboard building. The plaque reads "Cedar Springs United Methodist Church. This building was erected in 1898, after many years of worship in private homes and under brush arbors. It was built out of love of God and man." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427156/
[The Zonta Club of Mineral Wells--a Program, 1994]
A program from the January 1994 Zonta International meeting in Mineral Wells honoring the distinguished women graduates of Mineral Wells High School. The mark "/MWSCH (3)" invites interpretation. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16356/
[J. C. McQuerry House]
Photograph of a wooden two-story house with a veranda. The house has a brown shingle roof and is painted cream. A stone chimney is visible on the roof to the right. Two green potted plants flank the entrance stairway, and a group of chairs sit on either side of the door. A couch is located on the left side of the veranda and a swing hangs from the right. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427205/
[J. C. McQuerry House]
Photograph of a photograph lying on cement. The photo features a wooden two-story house across a road from a lot with a wire fence. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427171/
[Joe Johnson's Log Cabin]
Photograph of a derelict log cabin that belonged to a man named Joe Johnson. The small building has a tin roof that has been pulled up at one corner. The building is raised from its foundation by bricks under its corners. A contemporary building can be seen in the background to the right. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427141/
The Fiftieth Reunion of the Graduating Class of 1934
This picture reproduces a newspaper clipping that reports the fiftieth reunion of the 1934 class from Mineral Wells High School. It was published in the Mineral Wells Index on June 28, 1984. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16344/
[Article Regarding Homecoming and Reunion at the Palo Pinto School]
Article regarding a reunion for former teachers and students of the Palo Pinto School, including location and a list of event officers. A brief history of the school is included. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427189/
[Letter from Beulah McDonald to the Editor of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, May 30, 1975]
Letter from Beulah McDonald to the editor of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram asking for advertising space for the annual homecoming and reunion at the Palo Pinto School. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427194/
[A Mineral Wells High School Commencement Program of 1968]
A Commencement program from Mineral Wells High School, that took place on May 24, 1968. Note its small size, as shown by the ruler next to it. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16355/
[Vehicles Parked in Front of Gordon Drug Store]
Photograph of automobiles parked in front of a building with "Gordon Drug Complete Drug Service" written on a sign hanging over the door. A Coca-Cola sign hangs above the sign. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427211/
Centennial Sheriff Hollis Wolfe
Photograph of Hollis Wolfe wearing a cowboy hat, ribbon tie, vest, and a pistol on his hip. Cars are parked behind him. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427248/
Gordon Celebration of Palo Pinto County Centennial
Photograph of a horse-drawn covered wagon that has a banner that reads "Palo Pinto County Centennial" on its side. Children and a woman wearing a prairie dress are riding on the wagon. Two boys wearing cowboy hats are sitting on a horse to the wagon's side. Houses are visible in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427209/
Gordon Centennial 1957
Photograph of a group of people outside of two buildings during the centennial celebration of Gordon, Texas. Two men stand in the foreground with a small wagon that is being pulled by small cattle. Men are riding horses behind this wagon. Women can be seen riding in the wooden bed of a truck to the left. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427199/
Palo Pinto County Centennial
Photograph of a group of people standing outside of Palo Pinto Casino and E. E. Crain's feed store. They are wearing pioneer-style clothing. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427259/
Palocade - Palo Pinto County - Official Centennial Program - back page
Shown here is a picture of the reverse (back) page of a souvenir program from the Palo Pinto Centennial Celebration of 1957. It consists of advertising, extolling the virtues of the First National Bank in Mineral Wells. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16329/
Palocade - Palo Pinto County - Official Centennial Program - front side
The obverse (front) page of a souvenir program from the Palo Pinto Centennial production, "Palocade," which tells the history of Palo Pinto County, which includes the names of the Centennial Queen and her court, is illustrated here. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16328/
The Cullen Grimes School
Principal Donald Bond, the teachers and the students of the afternoon group at Cullen Grimes School in Mineral Wells, Texas congregate in front of the building in March of 1954. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16326/
Sam Houston School
Students, teachers and principal D.R. Hudson, of the Sam Houston School in March 1954 stand outside the school building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16321/
The Sam Houston School--- An Afternoon Group of 1954
Students, teachers and the principal, D.R. Hudson, of the Sam Houston School's Afternoon Group are shown here in March of 1954. The picture was taken outside the school building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16322/
The First Anniversary of the Aviation Engineer Force Activation
Troops and spectators celebrate the first anniversary of Aviation Engineer Force Activation at Wolters Air Force Base on April 10, 1952, with Colonel A.B. Campfield, the Commander of Troops; Brigadier General H.W. Ehrgott, Commanding; Colonel Philip G. Kemp, the Base Commander. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16324/
Mineral Wells Street Scene
Photograph of a street intersection in Mineral Wells, Texas. A single traffic light hangs over the intersection, and vehicles can be seen behind and in front. Cars and power lines are located on the street alongside businesses in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427231/
[Photograph of the Hexagon Hotel]
Photograph of the Hexagon Hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas. The hotel is situated beside a road next to a smaller buildings. It has four stories, multiple porches, and multiple gables with windows. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427200/
[Photograph of the Hexagon Hotel]
Photograph of the Hexagon Hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas. The hotel is situated beside a road next to a smaller buildings. It has four stories, multiple porches, and multiple gables with windows. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427162/
[The Crazy Water Company - Stock Certificate]
A certificate for 250 shares of Capital Stock in the Crazy Water Company, that once belonged to Boyce Ditto is shown here. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16337/
[Social Security Award for Boyce Ditto]
An insurance award from the Social Security Administration for Boyce Ditto in 1948. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16334/
[Line of People on Horses at a Rodeo]
Photograph of a group of people sitting on top of horses that are arranged in a line. They are standing outdoors on a fenced-in earthen area. Pennants are hanging from lines attached to power lines. A small portion of a crowd can be seen on the bottom left. An animal holding pen is visible to the right underneath a bandstand. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427174/
[People Riding in Circles While Holding Flags]
Photograph of a group of people riding in circles on top of horses. Several of them are holding flags. They are standing outdoors on a fenced-in earthen area. Pennants are hanging from lines attached to power lines. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427204/
Camp Wolters - Texas
Illustrated here is a panoramic view of Camp Wolters, Texas. Labels on photograph identify (left to right) Area No. 4, Sports Arena, Service Club, Area No. 5, Area No. 3, Area No. 2, and Area No.1. Platoons of soldiers are marching on the left side of the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16327/
[A Program for "Lazy Town", an Opera in Two Acts]
A program for "Lazy Town - An Opera in Two Acts", presented by Sam Houston School on May 14, 1943. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16353/
[A Program for "Sunny of Sunnyside"- - an Operetta]
A program for "Sunny of Sunnyside - An Operetta", presented at the Travis School Auditorium on April 29-30, 1943. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16352/
[Diploma for Sidney Miller]
Diploma certifying that Sidney Miller is a certified ferry pilot via Aviation Enterprises. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427233/
A Program for the "Victory Queen" and "Victory on the Home Front"
A program for The Victory Queen and Victory on the Home Front, presented by Mineral Wells High School at the Convention Hall on March 8, 1943. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16354/
Panorama of Camp Wolters, TX
This picture is a panoramic photograph of Camp Wolters in Mineral Wells, Texas, the largest infantry replacement center in 1941. Labels on photograph identify (left to right) Target Range, Regimental Area No. 4, Dental Clinic,Guest House, Service Club, Theater, Regimental Area No. 3, Infantry Replacement Center/Headquarters Area, Regimental Area No. 6, Warehouse Area, Corps Area Service Command and Hospital Area, Regimental Area No. 2, Regimental Area No. 1, and Machine Gun Range. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16323/
["Dump" and Eldridge Clark with Children]
Photograph of "Dump" and Eldridge Clark standing in front of a car while holding young boys. The two men are wearing garrison caps and U.S. Army uniforms. A building with the word "Sinclaire" written on its entry arch is visible behind the car. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427184/
Bean Robinson Cattle Crossing North of Palo Pinto
Photograph of Jean Robinson and his cowboys crossing the Brazos River with a herd of cattle north of Palo Pinto, Texas. Many of the animals are still on the shore under the trees. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427202/
[1935 An Income Tax Return for Boyce Ditto]
An individual U.S. income tax return for Boyce Ditto for 1935. (Boyce Ditto's Last Will and Testament contained a bequest of money to build the current Mineral Wells Library, which bears his name.) texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16333/
Santo High School - 1935
Photograph of Santo High School, a single-story brick building with an arched entryway and false front. A row of windows span between the central entrance and two flanking doorways. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427252/
The Tattler, May 18, 1934
Student newspaper from Mineral Wells High School in Mineral Wells, Texas. It contains articles about the graduating class of 1934, including information about class officers, class prophecies, caps and gowns, class events, and local advertisements. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16320/
A Program for the Coronation of the Queen at MWHS, 1934
The program for the Eighth Annual Mineral Wells High School Coronation of the Queen, held on January 18, 1934. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16345/
Memories of 1934
A 1934 Yearbook from Mineral Wells High School belonging to Nealia Dillard is shown here. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21922/
[A Program for Mineral Wells High School Commencement 1934]
A program from the Mineral Wells Commencement of 1934, which was held in the still-standing Convention Hall. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16351/
[Walters International Factories, Inc. - Stock Certificate - Common Stock]
This photograph illustrates a certificate for 12 shares of Common Stock in Walters International Factories, Incorporated, formerly belonging to Boyce Ditto. Further information is lamentably lacking. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16335/
[Walters International Factories, Inc.- - Stock Certificate- - Preferred Stock]
This photograph shows a certificate for 12 shares of Preferred Capital Stock in Walters International Factories, Incorporated, formerly belonging to Boyce Ditto. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16336/
[Building at the Base of a Wooded Hill]
Photograph of a stone building that is surrounded by trees. Dirt roads pass beside the house and lead up a hill in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427253/
[Flyer for the Crazy Radio Gang]
Flyer for the Crazy Radio Gang, featuring the faces of cast members in eleven oval frames. The men are identified from the top left as Hal Collins, Frank Dinkins, Francis Quinn, Frank McMordie, Johnny Jordan, Conrad Brady, Guy Woodward, Maurice Pendery, Dale Woodward, Jack Amlung, and two blackface characters called Sugar Cane and February. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427265/
[Worth Ranch Boy Scouts]
Photograph of men and boys of a group of Worth Ranch Boy Scouts. Seven younger boys are kneeling in front of a group of three older boy and three men. A wooded area is visible behind the group. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427270/
"Baker Hotel" Menu
This photograph illustrates an October 1929 menu from the Stephen F. Austin Hotel, a "Baker Hotel" (located in Austin, Texas), similar to the one that opened in Mineral Wells in 1929 is shown here. Further information is not known at this date [2013]. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16346/
1926 State Championship Mingus Girls Basketball Team
Photograph of seven high school-aged young women standing together in front of a painted backdrop of a forest. The girls on the left hold a pennant that reads "Girls '26 Basket Ball." A young lady in the center holds a basketball labeled "M.H.S. - 26." They are wearing uniforms consisting of dresses with tucked skirts, athletic shoes, and knee socks. An article is partially visible under the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427165/
[Men Bricking a Road]
Photograph of a group of men gathered and watching workers apply bricks onto a street of wet mortar. Low brick walls flank the road. Automobiles can be seen parked on either side of the road, and buildings are visible in the distance. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427246/
Santo First National Bank - 1926
Photograph of two suited men standing by the teller windows of the Santo First National Bank in Santo, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth427140/
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT LAST