You limited your search to:

  Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2010
[Photograph of the Interior of Beth-El Temple]

[Photograph of the Interior of Beth-El Temple]

Date: [2001]
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the interior of Beth-El Congregation's third synagogue in Fort Worth, Texas. There are multiple clear windows behind the altar and stained glass windows above the altar. The "eternal light" called a "ne'r tamid," in the shape of a bronze torch, is mounted on the wall over the ark.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Photograph of the Torah March]

[Photograph of the Torah March]

Date: August 13, 2000
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Torah March, August 8, 2000, during which members of Beth-El Congregation carry Torah scrolls from the old synagogue to the new. The march was organized to transport the congregation's six handwritten Torah scrolls 7.5 miles from the old synagogue at 207 W. Broadway Avenue to the temple's new building at 4900 Briarhaven Road. In this image, those at the front of the march include several teenagers in the temple youth group. The Torahs, usually covered with velvet mantles, are protected with white terry-cloth covers decorated with a blue Jewish star. Also at the front of the procession are members of the color guard from Jewish War Veterans Martin Hochster Post #755. Some of the other 300 congregants who participated are visible in the background.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Photograph of the Torah March]

[Photograph of the Torah March]

Date: August 13, 2000
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of teenagers from the Fort Worth Federation of Temple Youth carrying the Torahs during the Torah march. The Torah march was organized to carry the six handwritten Torah scrolls 7.5 miles from the old synagogue at 207 W. Broadway Avenue to the new Temple Beth-El location at 4900 Briarhaven Road. In this image, five teenagers carry the Torahs (covered by white terry-cloth covers decorated with a blue Jewish star) in a line. From left to right, they are: Adam Hollander, Corey Pew, Tommy Campbell, Micah Horton, and Sarah Rausch. An unidentified young girl is visible in the foreground and parked cars are visible in the background. Handwritten text on the back of the photo says, "Beth-El Archives, Torah March, Aug. 13, 2000, FWFTY carriers of Torahs."
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Photograph of the Torah March]

[Photograph of the Torah March]

Date: August 13, 2000
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Rozanne and Billy Rosenthal holding two of the Torahs (covered by white terry-cloth covers decorated with a blue Jewish star) at the Torah march, August 13, 2000. The Torah march was organized to carry the six handwritten Torah scrolls 7.5 miles from the old synagogue at 207 W. Broadway Avenue to the new Temple Beth-El located at 4900 Briarhaven Road. In this image, the Rosenthals are posing with the Torahs outside of a building; they are both wearing baseball caps with the words "Torah Toter" written across the front. Some of the other 300 congregants who participated are visible in the background.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Photograph of the Torah March]

[Photograph of the Torah March]

Date: August 13, 2000
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of congregation members from Temple Beth-El in Fort Worth, Texas during the Torah March including a color guard from Jewish War Veterans Martin Hochster Post #755 who led the final stretch. The Torah march was organized to carry the six handwritten Torah scrolls 7.5 miles from the old synagogue at 207 W Broadway Avenue to the new Temple Beth-El at 4900 Briarhaven Road. In this photograph, the color guard includes (from left to right) Ted Hoffman carrying the American flag, George Seff with the Lone Star flag, Gary Baum carrying the post banner, and Zac Shlachter, a teen in the congregation's youth group.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Photograph of the Torah March]

[Photograph of the Torah March]

Date: August 13, 2000
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of congregation members from Temple Beth-El in Fort Worth, Texas during the Torah march. The Torah march was organized to carry the six handwritten Torah scrolls 7.5 miles from the synagogue at 207 W. Broadway Avenue to the new Temple Beth-El location at 4900 Briarhaven Road. In this image, a group of people are in Forest Park during part of the march. The three people in the foreground are Sandra free (chair of the event), Steven Ginsberg holding a Torah (covered by terry-cloth covers that are white with a blue Jewish star), and Jeanne Ginsberg. Some of the other 300 congregants who participated are visible in the background.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Ark and Bimah, main sanctuary at Beth-El Congregation]

[Ark and Bimah, main sanctuary at Beth-El Congregation]

Date: 2000
Creator: Lauer, Ralph
Description: Photograph, taken in 2000, of the "bimah" or altar in the main sanctuary at Beth-El Congregation, 207 W. Broadway, Fort Worth. The building was constructed in 1920, rebuilt in 1948 after a fire gutted the interior, and remodeled in 1981. The 1948 rebuilding and redesign were by the Hungarian-American interior designer Erno Fabry. His design ideas include the stone wall behind the altar, built with reddish Colorado travertine, the ark (which contained the Torahs) framed with gray-veined cremo-Italian marble, as well as the gate with its Art Deco design, and the copper-colored menorahs flanking the ark. In 1981, architect-designer John Mike Cohen of St. Louis oversaw a major remodeling of the sanctuary with peach carpet, chairs, and fiberglass lights resembling a flock of dove.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Beth-El Congregation's Second Synagogue]

[Beth-El Congregation's Second Synagogue]

Date: 2000
Creator: Lauer, Ralph
Description: Photograph of the entrance to the synagogue at 207 W. Broadway Ave. that served Beth-El Congregation from 1920 to 2000. The building has two stories plus a basement with a social hall and kitchen. It is constructed of red brick and limestone. In the photo, the facade has a frieze above the entry with a quote from Psalms ("Give Ear, O Lord, Unto My Prayer") as well as two limestone menorahs above the quotation. The stained-glass windows on the front and side of the building are protected by storm windows. This image shows the front of the building shortly before the congregation moved to a new location across town. Several of the decorative features, particularly the frieze and limestone arches, are stained with black marks from 80 years of air pollution. When the congregation moved in August of 2000, the frieze, menorahs, and a Ten-Commandment carving were removed from the facade and replaced with red brick.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Interior of Beth-El Congregation Sanctuary]

[Interior of Beth-El Congregation Sanctuary]

Date: 2000
Creator: Lauer, Ralph
Description: Photograph of the interior of the second house of worship for Fort Worth's Reform Jewish congregation after being remodeled in 1981. This image was taken with the main lights turned off to show the sanctuary's 72 Castelli fiberglass lights, which evoke the imagery of a flock of doves. The stained glass in the background dates to the 1948 remodeling.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Photograph of the Beth-El Synagogue]

[Photograph of the Beth-El Synagogue]

Date: 2000
Creator: Wilson, Ray
Description: Photograph of the east side of Beth-El Congregation's third synagogue located at 4900 Briarhaven Rd. in Fort Worth, Texas. This image was taken shortly after the congregation moved to this location in 2000 and it shows one side of the exterior including large windows near the roof. The building was designed by Fort Worth Architect David Stanford. It was constructed by DeMoss Co.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST