You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Decade: 1980-1989
 Language: English
[Cole's House of Flowers]

[Cole's House of Flowers]

Date: September 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: Cole's House of Flowers was built on this location in 1980, after a fire had destroyed the Davidson Hardware and the Damron Hotel buildings in 1975.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Downtown Mineral Wells, 3 of 3:  The 100 Block]

[Downtown Mineral Wells, 3 of 3: The 100 Block]

Date: September 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: This photograph shows downtown Mineral Wells. The dominant building is Mineral Wells Office Supply (formerly Lattner Funeral Home), followed by R.P.'s Western Outlet; next door: Jann's Boutique; next, Jann's Fashions. Next is Hill's Style Shoppe.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Lynch Plaza and Martin Building,  Parking Lot ]

[Lynch Plaza and Martin Building, Parking Lot ]

Date: September 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: A parking lot for Lynch Plaza and the Martin Building is located at the corner of West Hubbard Street and SE 1st Avenue. The Berry and Associates Building is visible in the background.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Lynch Plaza , 1 of 3]

[Lynch Plaza , 1 of 3]

Date: September 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: This photograph of Lynch Plaza and The First State Bank (now Home Health in 2008) was taken from the 100 block of South Oak Street. The Gentleman's Closet is next to the bank (The store is vacant as of 2008). The Baker Hotel can be seen above Lynch Plaza, at the corner of E. Hubbard and S. Oak Streets.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Downtown Mineral Wells:  1 of 3]

[Downtown Mineral Wells: 1 of 3]

Date: September 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: This photograph of downtown Mineral Wells was taken looking north on Oak Avenue (US Highway 281) from SE 1st Street (US Highway 180 E). The visible buildings are: (on the left), Hill's Ladies' Apparel, Cole's House of Flowers, (at the intersecting street, [Hubbard Street--US Hwy. 180 W]), and George's Men's Store. Lynch Plaza and a parking lot are on the right, with the Texas Historical Commission marker on the wall in the lower right-hand corner commemorating the first mineral-water well in the City. In the background, the First State Bank can also be seen (also on the intersecting Hubbard Street, US Highway 180 W.)
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[First Presbyterian Church - 1 of 13:   Front View]

[First Presbyterian Church - 1 of 13: Front View]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: This photograph is the first in a series of pictures of architectural details that was taken prior to demolition of the Presbyterian church of Mineral Wells. The first church in Mineral Wells built by the Presbyterians in 1883 was located at the southwest corner of what is now the Crazy Hotel block. The early church served both the Presbyterian and Baptist Churches, and was sold to the Baptist congregation. The First Presbyterian Church was built at 300 NW 4th Avenue in 1896, and burned in 1908 This domed structure replaced it. This picture shows the front entrance to the Sanctuary of this second First Presbyterian Church in Mineral Wells, Texas, built in 1909, at this location. This picturesque building survived the disastrous fire of July 4, 1914, that destroyed the two-by-three city block area surrounding it. The building suffered serious structural deterioration to its foundation, and was replaced in the the 1980's by a more modern structure.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 2 of 18:   Rear View]

[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 2 of 18: Rear View]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: A view of the south-east rear of St. Mark Lutheran Church, 2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas, illustrates a detail of the structure: East of the sanctuary, the Community Center and a children's playground, with equipment.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 4 of 18:   Steeple View Facing East]

[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 4 of 18: Steeple View Facing East]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: One of the gables on the roof of St. Mark's Lutheran church, Mineral Wells is shown here. The gables on both the north and south ends of the church appear to be identical.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[First Presbyterian Church --5 of 13:   Front Entrance]

[First Presbyterian Church --5 of 13: Front Entrance]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: Shown here is the sixth in a series of pictures showing architectural details of the First Presbyterian Church. This picture shows a close-up of the front entrance, which was at the southwest corner of the church.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 1 of 18:  Three Crosses Visible]

[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 1 of 18: Three Crosses Visible]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: Shown here is a view from the southwest of Saint Mark's Lutheran Church, located at 1201 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 NEXT LAST