You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Downtown Mineral Wells: 1 of 3]
This photograph of downtown Mineral Wells was taken looking north on Oak Avenue (US Highway 281) from SE 1st Street (US Highway 180 E). The visible buildings are: (on the left), Hill's Ladies' Apparel, Cole's House of Flowers, (at the intersecting street, [Hubbard Street--US Hwy. 180 W]), and George's Men's Store. Lynch Plaza and a parking lot are on the right, with the Texas Historical Commission marker on the wall in the lower right-hand corner commemorating the first mineral-water well in the City. In the background, the First State Bank can also be seen (also on the intersecting Hubbard Street, US Highway 180 W.) texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29839/
[Downtown Mineral Wells, 2 of 3: A Different View]
This photograph of downtown Mineral Wells shows (left to right): Hill's Ladies' Apparel; Cole's House of flowers; (Intersecting street): George's Man's Shop; the Professional Building (formerly the Texas Theater); Poston's Dry Goods;Palace Saloon; Marsden's Shoe Store (former Gem theater). The Crazy Hotel is visible in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29838/
[Downtown Mineral Wells, 3 of 3: The 100 Block]
This photograph shows downtown Mineral Wells. The dominant building is Mineral Wells Office Supply (formerly Lattner Funeral Home), followed by R.P.'s Western Outlet; next door: Jann's Boutique; next, Jann's Fashions. Next is Hill's Style Shoppe. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29837/
[Lynch Plaza , 1 of 3]
This photograph of Lynch Plaza and The First State Bank (now Home Health in 2008) was taken from the 100 block of South Oak Street. The Gentleman's Closet is next to the bank (The store is vacant as of 2008). The Baker Hotel can be seen above Lynch Plaza, at the corner of E. Hubbard and S. Oak Streets. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29841/
[Lynch Plaza, 2 of 3, Different View]
No Description texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29859/
[Lynch Plaza 3 of 3]
Lynch Plaza, in the center of this picture, is located on the corner of North Oak and East Hubbard Streets. This structure, originally called the Firstron Building, replaced the First National Bank at this location. The bank was located in the northwest corner of the Oxford Hotel. The hotel building, including the bank, was destroyed by fire in 1983. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29857/
[Lynch Plaza and Martin Building, Parking Lot ]
A parking lot for Lynch Plaza and the Martin Building is located at the corner of West Hubbard Street and SE 1st Avenue. The Berry and Associates Building is visible in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29861/
[The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan]
The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan was once located at 101 SE 1st Avenue. The First State Bank stands at this location as of 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29864/
[A Back View of Businesses on the West Side of 100 Block and S. Oak]
Businesses are shown here at the southwest corner of West Hubbard Street and South Oak Avenue: The location of the original Colonial Hotel. (It was originally built in 1906 by J.T. Holt for his second wife who would not live in the country, and it was renamed the Damron Hotel about 1917 when Agnew and Bessie Damron traded a ranch for it. The hotel burned in 1975.) The small white building in the left middle foreground is a back view of Cole's House of Flowers (where Davidson's Hardware also burned in the Damron Hotel fire), next to it is Hill's Style Shoppe and Mineral Wells Office Supply. The vacant lot in the foreground is the location of the former Damron hotel. At the far left edge of the picture, to the east and across Oak Avenue, is Lynch Plaza which was built on the site of the former Oxford Hotel, that burned in 1983, along with the First National Bank. Lynch Plaza is named for J.A. Lynch, Mineral Wells' founder. who had a well drilled at this location in 1880, and discovered the source of mineral water that made Mineral Wells the most popular health spa in the nation at the turn of the twentieth century. A Texas Historical Commission Marker commemorating the discovery-well is embedded in a brick wall surrounding the parking lot of Lynch Plaza. Obscurely in middle distance, at the right edge of the picture, south and across SW 1st Street, are the offices of the Palo Pinto County Abstract Company and those of the City of Mineral Wells. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29856/
[The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan--and Lynch Plaza Parking Lot]
The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan was once located at 101 SE 1st Avenue. The Savings and Loan building, in this 1988 view (looking south down SE 1st Avenue), is in the left foreground on the southeast corner of Hubbard and 1st Avenue. Across SE 1st Avenue (to the right and west of the Savings and Loan) is the parking lot for Lynch Plaza. In the background, the next street south is SE 1st Street. The Dollar General store occupies the former Piggly Wiggly grocery store on the southeast corner of this next block (near the center of the picture), where Mineral Wells' first Post Office once stood. The Savings and Loan building was eventually torn down, and the First State Bank is now [2008] at this location. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29860/
The Fiftieth Reunion of the Graduating Class of 1934
This picture reproduces a newspaper clipping that reports the fiftieth reunion of the 1934 class from Mineral Wells High School. It was published in the Mineral Wells Index on June 28, 1984. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16344/
[A Centennial Booklet of First Baptist Church]
A booklet of twenty pages, celebrating centennial anniversary of First Baptist Church of Mineral Wells, October 10, 1982, it indicates that the Reverend Bobby E. Moore was pastor at the time. The booklet is paperback and vanilla-colored. The text is in brown sans-serif. The interior text is in script. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth38091/
Palo Pinto County Star (Mineral Wells, Tex.), Vol. [103], No. 30, Ed. 1 Thursday, January 22, 1981
A weekly newspaper from Mineral Wells, Texas that included local, state, and national news along with advertising. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth417187/
[A Brochure, Titled "Mineral Wells - A Town Built on Water"]
One side of a fold-out brochure produced by the Mineral Wells Chamber of Commerce, probably during the City's centennial year, 1981. On the reverse side is a statement: "Mineral Wells, a Texas Main Street City, looks back over a century of history rich with the tales of early day ranching and the discovery of mineral water and its medicinal qualities." Color photographs of the city and its scenic area landmarks are contained in the brochure, along with a listing of some annual local activities. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth20216/
Palo Pinto County Star (Mineral Wells, Tex.), Vol. [103], No. 23, Ed. 1 Thursday, December 4, 1980
A weekly newspaper from Mineral Wells, Texas that included local, state, and national news along with advertising. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth417281/
Palo Pinto County Star (Mineral Wells, Tex.), Vol. [103], No. 12, Ed. 1 Thursday, September 18, 1980
A weekly newspaper from Mineral Wells, Texas that included local, state, and national news along with advertising. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth417302/
Palo Pinto County Star (Mineral Wells, Tex.), Vol. 102, No. 80, Ed. 1 Thursday, February 21, 1980
A weekly newspaper from Mineral Wells, Texas that included local, state, and national news along with advertising. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth417310/
[The East Side of the (Third) First Presbyterian Church Building]
This picture shows the back (east) side of the third First Presbyterian Church of Mineral Wells, Texas. It features an arched window, and (presumably) the dedicatory cornerstone. Due to structural damage, this building was torn down in the 1980's, and replaced with the fourth First Presbyterian Church - the third building at 300 NW 4th Avenue. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25008/
[The First Presbyterian Church]
Shown here is the south side of the third First Presbyterian Church building, at 300 NW 4th Ave., and the second one at this site. Due to structural damage to the foundation, the building was torn down during the 1980's and replaced with the fourth First Presbyterian Church building - the third at this location. The building reflects an eclectic architecture, principally in Neo-classic style. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25007/
[First Presbyterian Church - 1 of 13: Front View]
This photograph is the first in a series of pictures of architectural details that was taken prior to demolition of the Presbyterian church of Mineral Wells. The first church in Mineral Wells built by the Presbyterians in 1883 was located at the southwest corner of what is now the Crazy Hotel block. The early church served both the Presbyterian and Baptist Churches, and was sold to the Baptist congregation. The First Presbyterian Church was built at 300 NW 4th Avenue in 1896, and burned in 1908 This domed structure replaced it. This picture shows the front entrance to the Sanctuary of this second First Presbyterian Church in Mineral Wells, Texas, built in 1909, at this location. This picturesque building survived the disastrous fire of July 4, 1914, that destroyed the two-by-three city block area surrounding it. The building suffered serious structural deterioration to its foundation, and was replaced in the the 1980's by a more modern structure. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25022/
[First Presbyterian Church - 2 of 13: SW Corner]
This picture is the second in a series about the First Presbyterian Church, showing the juncture of the south side of the building and the main entrance, which was at the southwest corner of the building (left in the photograph.) texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25015/
[First Presbyterian Church - 3 of 13: Front Entrance and Dome]
This photograph is the fourth in a series of pictures, showing architectural details of the First Presbyterian Church. This picture shows the dome over the Sanctuary. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25032/
[First Presbyterian Church - 4 of 13: Front Entrance and Dome]
This photograph is the fifth in a series of pictures of the First Presbyterian Church of Mineral Wells, Texas. This picture shows the front entrance, which was at the southwest corner of the church and the dome. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25035/
[First Presbyterian Church --5 of 13: Front Entrance]
Shown here is the sixth in a series of pictures showing architectural details of the First Presbyterian Church. This picture shows a close-up of the front entrance, which was at the southwest corner of the church. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25034/
[First Presbyterian Church -- 6 of 13: Dome Detail]
This picture is the seventh in a series of pictures showing architectural details of the First Presbyterian Church. It shows the dome atop the church. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25021/
[First Presbyterian Church -7 of 13: Dome Detail]
The eighth in a series of pictures of architectural details of the First Presbyterian Church of Mineral Wells, this picture is a close-up of the dome atop the sanctuary. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25024/
[First Presbyterian Church -- 8 of 13: Gable Over the Entrance]
The ninth in a series of pictures showing architectural details of the Presbyterian Church of Mineral Wells, this view is a close-up of the pediment over the front entrance. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25039/
[First Presbyterian Church -- 9 of 13: South Side]
This photograph is the tenth in a series of pictures showing architectural details of the Presbyterian Church. This picture is a view of the south side of the church, including, at left, the main entrance at southwest corner of building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25012/
[First Presbyterian Church -- 10 of 13: Close Up of Dome]
This is the eleventh in a series of pictures showing architectural details of the First Presbyterian Church, being a close-up of the unique dome that topped the building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25005/
[First Presbyterian Church -- 11 of 13: Close Up of the Dome]
This picture is the twelfth in a series of pictures showing architectural details of The First Presbyterian Church. This picture details the dome atop the church in a close-up view. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25023/
[First Presbyterian Church - 12 of 13: Front View]
This is the twelfth picture in a series of pictures showing architectural details of the First Presbyterian Church prior to its demolition. This is a general view of the church from the southwest corner of the building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25030/
[The Front entrance to the second First Presbyterian Church]
This picture of the main entrance to the second First Presbyterian Church at 300 NW 4th Avenue, Mineral Wells, shows the unique dome that topped the picturesque structure. The church survived the disastrous fire of July 4, 1914, that destroyed about six city blocks surrounding it. Foundation structural damage caused the church to be replaced by a more modern structure in the 1980's. This picture is one of 43 negatives in the A. F. Weaver Collection showing construction details of the Lutheran and Presbyterian churches. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25037/
[Pediment on the Second Building of the First Presbyterian Church]
This photograph shows the pediment of the south-west entrance to the First Presbyterian Church (This is its third building) at 300 NW 4th Avenue. The acanthus ornaments on top of the pediment (in Classical times, a guard against dripping rain), have no real function. The dentils that line the interior of the pediment are not Classical, nor are the capitals of of the pillars. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25011/
[The Second First Presbyterian Church]
A view barely showing the dome atop the second First Presbyterian Church, which was built in 1909, and located at 300 NW 4th Avenue. The church survived the disastrous fire of July 4, 1914 that destroyed about six city blocks east of the church. Structural damage to the basement caused the building to be replaced in the 1980's by a more modern structure. This picture is one of 43 negatives in the A. F. Weaver collection, showing construction details of the Lutheran and Presbyterian churches. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25040/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 1 of 18: Three Crosses Visible]
Shown here is a view from the southwest of Saint Mark's Lutheran Church, located at 1201 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25042/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 2 of 18: Rear View]
A view of the south-east rear of St. Mark Lutheran Church, 2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas, illustrates a detail of the structure: East of the sanctuary, the Community Center and a children's playground, with equipment. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25020/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 3 of 18, East View of Steeple]
St. Mark's Lutheran Church, 2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas: This photograph shows the gable at the south end of the roof, including some landscaped rock work on the lawn south of the building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25014/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 4 of 18: Steeple View Facing East]
One of the gables on the roof of St. Mark's Lutheran church, Mineral Wells is shown here. The gables on both the north and south ends of the church appear to be identical. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25038/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 5 of 18: Door Leading to Steeple]
The door at St. Mark's Lutheran Church, 1201 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas. It leads to the steeple. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25003/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 6 of 18: Roof View of Steeple and Building]
St. Mark Lutheran Church, 2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas. This picture shows details of the juncture of the roof between the south gable of the sanctuary and the Community Center. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25017/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 7 of 18: Close Up of Roof Structure]
St. Mark Lutheran Church, 2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas, showing details of the juncture of roof between the south gable and the Community Center. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25016/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 8 of 18: Looking at Roof North Side]
Another, tilted view of the south gable of the roof at St. Mark's Lutheran Church, at 2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25013/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 9 of 18: Steps in Front of Church]
A view of the roof of St. Mark's Lutheran Church, as seen from the south. This view shows some of the rockwork landscaping on the south side of the church, located at 1201 SE 25th Avenue in Mineral Wells texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25006/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 10 of 18: Sun Shining on Roof]
The south gable of St. Mark's Lutheran Church, 1201 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, a detail of the roof of the Sanctuary and the roof of the hallway connecting the attached Fellowship Hall. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25043/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 11 of 18: Retaining Wall Leading to Church]
The south entrance to St. Mark Lutheran Church (2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas), is shown here, with some of the rockwork landscaping. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25029/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 12 of 18: Close Up of Wood Shingles]
The wooden shingles (shakes) on roof of St. Mark's Lutheran Church, 2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas are shown here. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25044/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 13 of 18: Curved Wood of Steeple]
A tilted picture of the peak of the gable on the north end of the roof, St. Mark Lutheran Church (2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas) is shown here. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25036/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 14 of 18: Side View of Wood Shingles]
The roof at the south end of St. Mark Lutheran Church (2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas). texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25027/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 15 of 18: Close Up of Rockwork]
The gable at the south end of St. Mark Lutheran Church (2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas). texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25026/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 17 of 18: Architechtural View Looking Up at Steeple]
This picture shows a detail of the gable of the Sanctuary, St. Mark's Lutheran Church, Mineral Wells, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25019/