This system will be undergoing maintenance Tuesday, September 30, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM CDT.

  You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Decade: 1970-1979
 Language: No Language
[The Sangcura Sprudel Fire]

[The Sangcura Sprudel Fire]

Date: December 5, 1973
Creator: unknown
Description: The Sangcura-Sprudel Well drinking pavilion was originally located at 800 N.W. 2nd Avenue. It was moved to 314 N.W. 5th Street. The porches on the building were enclosed, and it was converted to a rooming house. It burned December 5, 1973, just five minutes before the start of the Mineral Wells Christmas Parade. The remaining part of the Period Hotel on N.W. 4th Avenue, which also burned at another date, was converted into apartments that can be seen through the smoke in the upper left of the picture. This photograph is found on page 64 of A.F Weaver's book "TIME WAS In Mineral Wells,"' First Edition, 1974.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 16 of 18:   Roof Reaching Towards the Heavens]

[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 16 of 18: Roof Reaching Towards the Heavens]

Date: 1975
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: A detail of the gable and roof at the south end of St. Mark Lutheran Church (2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas) is illustrated here.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Thurber Tipple and Thurber Monument]

[The Thurber Tipple and Thurber Monument]

Date: August 4, 1974
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of buildings in Thurber, Texas, taken from a parking lot. A gas station is on the left; it has a second story serving as an overhang as well as a taller platform with a railing and the words "Thurber Tipple" written near the roof. A car is parked at the gas station and a couple is looking inside the engine. The Thurber smokestack is visible near the center of the photograph and several unidentified buildings are on the left. Three other cars are parked on the left side of the photograph.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 1 of 8, Mayor H. Authur Zappe ]

[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 1 of 8, Mayor H. Authur Zappe ]

Date: August 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: When the book, "Time Was in Mineral Wells," First Edition, by A. F. Weaver was published in 1975, the first ten copies were autographed by the author and auctioned to the highest bidder. The auction was held at the "Little Rock Schoolhouse", and shows Mayor H. Arthur Zappe addressing the crowd in attendance at the auction.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 2 of 8, A. F. Weaver]

[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 2 of 8, A. F. Weaver]

Date: August 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture shows Ed Ford, standing before the picture he had painted of Mineral Wells' First Public School. It was built in 1884, and restored in 1975 by The Mineral Wells Heritage Association as a museum to preserve the history of the city.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 3 of 8, Reverend Mr. Bobby Moore]

[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 3 of 8, Reverend Mr. Bobby Moore]

Date: August 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: The picture shows the auctioneer, the Reverend Mr. Bobby Moore, acknowledging a bid on a First Edition print of A. F. Weaver's "Time Was in Mineral Wells." To the auctioneer's right is author A. F. Weaver. The author's wife, Patsy, is standing in the window to the author's right.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 4 of 8, Reverend Mr. Bobby Moore Auctioneer ]

[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 4 of 8, Reverend Mr. Bobby Moore Auctioneer ]

Date: August 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: The auction of copies of the first Edition of "Time Was in Mineral Wells," by A. F. Weaver, was held at the "Little Rock Schoolhouse." The auctioneer, the Reverend Bobby Moore, is asking for bids on a copy in this picture. The author, A. F. Weaver, stands between the windows to the auctioneer's right.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 8 of 8, Auctioneer]

[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 8 of 8, Auctioneer]

Date: August 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: The auction of copies of the first edition of "Time Was in Mineral Wells..." by A. F. Weaver, held at the "Little Rock Schoolhouse." This picture shows the auctioneer, the Reverend Mr. Bobby Moore, with the autographed Copy Number 1. Author A.F. Weaver looks on in the background.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Zappe Home -- NW 4th Avenue]

[The Zappe Home -- NW 4th Avenue]

Date: July 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: Trees in full foliage (in July of 1975) obscure the Zappe House on NW 4th Avenue. This Tudor-style home with a native sandstone porch was built in 1929 by Mr. R.S. (Bob) Dalton, a pioneer rancher and developer of the Dalton oilfield in north Palo Pinto County. Dr. H. Arthur Zappe, a local dentist, member of the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners, and former mayor of Mineral Wells, bought the house in 1947. The house is currently [2011] owned by an oculist, Dr. Adams. There are arched entrances throughout the house, leaded and stained-glass windows, French doors, stippled stucco walls and doors that are inlaid with mahogany panels. In addition to fireplaces, the house obtains heat from gas-fired steam radiators.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
FIRST PREV 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT LAST