You limited your search to:

  Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
 Language: No Language
 Collection: Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures
Painting of Early Fort Worth by Miranda Leonard, 1873

Painting of Early Fort Worth by Miranda Leonard, 1873

Date: 1873
Creator: Miranda Leonard
Description: Painting of an aerial view of Fort Worth in 1873. The painting depicts a town square with an American-flag topped courthouse in the center. Surrounding the courthouse are several buildings, some with fences. Throughout the painting are people, buggies, covered wagons and trees. On the right side of the frame is a sloping hill.
Contributing Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
Headquarters if the Bar CC Ranch

Headquarters if the Bar CC Ranch

Date: 1886
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the headquarters at the old Bar CC Ranch in 1886. There are four buildings in this picture, one is a log cabin. The headquarters was located in Ochiltree County at the top of the Texas panhandle.
Contributing Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
OX Ranch

OX Ranch

Date: 1886
Creator: unknown
Description: Group of cowboys at dinner time on the OX Ranch. This photo was taken in 1886 upon the spot where Childress, Texas stands today. The OX Ranch covered parts of Childress, Hardeman and Cottle Counties. The ranch headquarters was about 10 miles southeast. -
Contributing Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
Roundup at Bar CC Ranch

Roundup at Bar CC Ranch

Date: 1886
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a roundup on Bar CC Rance in 1886, near the old ranch headquarters on Wolf Creek. Jas McKenzie the ranch manager, is in the center on the bobtailed horse and Ed Brainard, the range boss, is the furthest man on the right.
Contributing Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
Cowboys Having Dinner in Coke County, Texas

Cowboys Having Dinner in Coke County, Texas

Date: 1889
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of cowboys having dinner on a ranch in Coke County. The lid for a skillet in the foreground was used for baking bread. On the lid of the chuck box, lowered to serve as a cook table, can be seen an old time coffee grinder and leg of roasted beef. An oil lantern hangs on the bow above the chuck box and the harness is hanging over the front wheel. The men are, L-R: Henry Russell, unknown, Jack Montath, Ned Richards, Jake Stubblefield, and John Dodd.
Contributing Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
Branding on the Half Circle 84 Ranch

Branding on the Half Circle 84 Ranch

Date: 1890~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of cowboys branding cattle on the Half Circle 84 Ranch in New Mexico during the 1890s.
Contributing Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
Denner-Record and Capps Building in Ft. Worth, Texas

Denner-Record and Capps Building in Ft. Worth, Texas

Date: 1890
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Denner-Record building and the Capps building on Fifth and Throckmorton Streets in Ft. Worth, Texas. The building is five stories tall and brick with a fire escape. It is surrounded by a sidewalk that is lined with bicycles and horse-drawn buggies. On the left side of the frame is a church tower and on the right is a sign that reads, "SUCCESS".
Contributing Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
[Portrait of E. C. Pendry]

[Portrait of E. C. Pendry]

Date: 1890~/1899~
Creator: Swartz
Description: Photograph of E.C. Pendry, wearing a dark suit and hat, posing behind a penny-farthing bicycle. He is standing in front of a studio backdrop of the countryside.
Contributing Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
Section Foremen of the T&P Railway

Section Foremen of the T&P Railway

Date: 1890
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph from 1890 of the section foremen on the Texas and Pacific Railway that ran between Sherman and Fort Worth. Standing L-R: William Ballew who had the Pilot Point section, T. Flynn who had the Collinsville north section, Joe Boston who had the Denton section. Seated L-R: B. Price who had the Tioga section, J. Wiggs who had the Collinsville south section, and John McLamore who had the Aubrey section.
Contributing Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
Unidentified Outfit in the Pecos River Area

Unidentified Outfit in the Pecos River Area

Date: 1890~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a group of cowboys having dinner on the range in the Pecos River Valley. The men have plates in their laps as they sit near the chuck wagon. Two of the men are John B. Thaxton and Hugh Barber.
Contributing Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST
Beta Preview