[The Damron Hotel Fire, 4 of 21, Fire Inside the Structure]

Description:

This is another view of the spectacular fire that consumed the Damron Hotel on December 22, 1975. The hotel was built as the Colonial Hotel in 1906 by rancher J. T. Holt for his second wife. The name was changed in 1917 when the hotel was traded to Agnew and Bessie Damron in exchange for a ranch.
The fire received extensive photographic coverage. Note the height of the flames in this picture, taken in the later stages of the fire.

Creator(s): Unknown
Location(s): United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
Creation Date: December 22, 1976
Partner(s):
Boyce Ditto Public Library
Collection(s):
A. F. Weaver Collection
Usage:
Total Uses: 73
Past 30 days: 0
Yesterday: 0
Creator:
Unknown
Date(s):
  • Creation: December 22, 1976
  • Digitized: November 21, 2007
Coverage:
Place
United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
Era
Into Modern Times, 1939-Present
Description:

This is another view of the spectacular fire that consumed the Damron Hotel on December 22, 1975. The hotel was built as the Colonial Hotel in 1906 by rancher J. T. Holt for his second wife. The name was changed in 1917 when the hotel was traded to Agnew and Bessie Damron in exchange for a ranch.
The fire received extensive photographic coverage. Note the height of the flames in this picture, taken in the later stages of the fire.

Language(s):
Subject(s):
Partner:
Boyce Ditto Public Library
Collection:
A. F. Weaver Collection
Identifier:
  • LOCAL-CONT-NO: AWO_1276N.004
  • ARK: ark:/67531/metapth29900
Resource Type: Photograph
Format: Image
Rights:
Access: Public