You limited your search to:

 Decade: 1940-1949
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2007
[E-4 Streamliners in Chicago]

[E-4 Streamliners in Chicago]

Date: c. 1945
Creator: unknown
Description: The Chicago and North Western Railway's E-4 type streamliners, which headed the "Overland Limited" and "Challenger" trains between Chicago and the West Coast, stand in the Chicago Passenger Station.
Contributing Partner: Museum of the American Railroad
[220 W. Reagan - Grant House]

[220 W. Reagan - Grant House]

Date: 1940~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the west side of the "Grant House," a two-story, Queen Anne-style house located at 220 W. Reagan (on the corner of W. Reagan and S. May streets) in Palestine, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[410 Avenue A - Palestine Daily Herald Building]

[410 Avenue A - Palestine Daily Herald Building]

Date: 1940~
Creator: unknown
Description: Copy negative of the Palestine Herald building on the 300 Block of Avenue A in Palestine, Texas. It is a one-story, red-brick building with white masonry accents; the word "Herald" is in white stone in the center, near the top.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[922 N. Link - Joost Ozment House]

[922 N. Link - Joost Ozment House]

Date: 1940~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the front and north side of the "Joose-Ozment House," a white, two-story frame house located at 922 N. Link in Palestine, Texas, taken from the corner of Pine and Link streets. It has a balanced, orderly exterior with a classical fa├žade, including round columns along the front porch and larger two-story columns on either side of the front door.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[1108 N. Jackson - Rusk School]

[1108 N. Jackson - Rusk School]

Date: c. 1940
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of the Rusk School after renovations, but before the address was changed to 420 W. Palestine Avenue from 1108 N. Jackson.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
1941 General Highway Map of Bosque County, Texas

1941 General Highway Map of Bosque County, Texas

Date: 1941
Creator: Texas State Highway Department
Description: Official 1941 general highway map of Bosque County, Texas showing major state and county roads, streams and rivers, towns, and other landmarks.
Contributing Partner: Bosque County Historical Commission
[1946 Softball Championship Trophy]

[1946 Softball Championship Trophy]

Date: 1946
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of two men holding the Dr. Pepper 1946 Championship Softball Team trophy. A list of team members is held by the man on the left. It reads, "Robert Steele, Herman Nies, Jr.,Wallace Pachar, Ezra Gordon, "Tubby" Johnson, Roy Mazzagate, Michael Blanda, J.P. Hilliard, Lawrence Parkhurst, Michael Romano, Bruce McCleland, J.S. Rougeau, Burton Simar, Woodell Grubbs, Girard Stansbury, Junious Barber, Johnie Archer - Bat Boy."
Contributing Partner: Heritage House Museum
[Advent of the Streamliners]

[Advent of the Streamliners]

Date: c. 1940
Creator: unknown
Description: This photograph portrays the dawn of a new era in railroading - advent of the streamliners in the late 1930s and early 1940s, plus modernization of the " Age of Steam" streamlining steam motive power. The splendor of Southern Pacific's "The Sunbeam" is shown. This train went into service between Dallas and Houston on September 15, 1937 - traversing the rail distance: 265 miles in 265 minutes. The consist of eight lightweight cars is headed by Engine No. 652, a Pacific type 4-6-2 streamlined steam locomotive with disc drivers, air horn and equipped with a Vanderbuilt tender (an oil burner).
Contributing Partner: Museum of the American Railroad
Aerial (from blimp): Austin area, boarding etc

Aerial (from blimp): Austin area, boarding etc

Date: April 5, 1949
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Description: Boarding blimp
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Aerial Photo of Palestine]

[Aerial Photo of Palestine]

Date: c. 1940
Creator: unknown
Description: Aerial view of the city of Palestine looking toward the north from the south side of town.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST