You limited your search to:

  Partner: Friench Simpson Memorial Library
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2010
Academy of the Sacred Heart Convent and School
Aeriel photograph of Hallettsville. Sacred Heart Music Hall is on the left and Sacred Heart Catholic Church is on the right. The central building in view is Sacred Heart Academy. In the foreground of Sacred Heart Academy is a fenced in yard. There is a road with a fence on either side that runs in between the buildings. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128813/
Andrews Chapel School
Portrait of students who attended Andrews Chapel School. There are three rows of male and female students posing outside in front of the school. The school is a wooden structure with windows on both sides and is situated in between trees. A fence is visible behind the students. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128819/
Artesian Well
Photograph of an artesian well. To the left of the well is a man standing, drinking out of a clear cup. In the background there are trees behind a wooden fence. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128796/
Baptist Church
Photograph of a Baptist Church in Hallettsville, TX. The exterior of the church is white and there are stairs leading up to the main entrance. The building is one level with a steeple above the entrance. There is a cross in the foreground. A wooden fence surrounds the church and there is a dirt road in the foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128807/
Birdseye View of Hallettsville, Texas
Aerial photograph of Hallettsville, Texas. Visible in the photograph is the Grant Lumber Building, Fink Hotel, Airdome, and the New Era Printing building. In the background are family homes and fields. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128765/
Birdseye View of Hallettsville, Texas
Aerial view of Hallettsville, Texas taken from the top of Sacred Heart Catholic Church looking northwest. Visible buildings include the Livery stables, Neuhaus Building, Elstner's Hall, and the Appelt Building. In the background are fields on the outskirts of town. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128762/
Birdseye View of Hallettsville, Texas
Aerial photograph of Hallettsville, Texas, taken from the top of Lavaca County Courthouse looking southeast. Visible buildings include Elstner's Hall, Neuhaus Building, Appelt's Building, and T. A. Hill Lumber Yard. In the foreground is an intersection. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128761/
Birdseye View of Hallettsville, Texas
Aerial photograph of Hallettsville, Texas. In the foreground are family homes and business buildings. In the background a church is visible. Lining the dirt roads are trees. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128767/
Birdseye View of Hallettsville, Texas
Aerial view of Hallettsville, Texas. In the foreground is the Meyerhoff Building and Lay's Drug Store. Other buildings are in the background and there are dirt roads in between the buildings. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128769/
Birdseye View of Hallettsville, Texas
Aerial photograph of Hallettsville, Texas. Visible buildings include the Livery stables, Neuhaus Building, Elstner's Building, and the Appelt Building. Fields are located behind the buildings on the outskirts of town. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128766/
Birdseye View of Hallettsville, Texas
Aerial view of Hallettsville, Texas. According to accompanying information the buildings in the foreground include Fey and H J. Braunig Building, H. J. Heye Building, Stankiewicz Building, McKnight Building, and the William von Rosenberg and Brothers Building. The picture was taken from the top of the Lavaca County Courthouse facing south. In the background are family homes. There is handwriting on the front of the postcard. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128772/
Birdseye View of Hallettsville, Texas
Aerial view of Hallettsville, Texas. In the foreground is the Appelt Building, Elstner's Hall, and the Neuhaus Building. There are several parked cars on the dirt road in front of the Neuhaus Building. In the background are more businesses and family homes. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128770/
Birdseye View of Hallettsville, Texas
Aerial photograph of Hallettsville, Texas. Store signs visible in the photograph are First National Bank, V. A. Hanak Jewelry, and Edison Phonographs and Records. In the background are fields, trees, and dirt roads. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128774/
Birdseye View of Hallettsville, Texas
Aerial photograph of Hallettsville, Texas. Visible building store signs are First National Bank and Louis Matula's. In the foreground are cars parked along the dirt road in front of the stores. In the background are fields and trees. Accompanying information lists the photograph as taken from the top of Lavaca County Courthouse looking southwest. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128773/
Boethel School
Portrait of students who attended Boethel School in 1924. There are four rows of male and female students posing outside. Behind the students there is a grouping of trees and a fence is visible. Accompanying information lists names of individuals. First Row: Lydia Spies, Hulda Boethel, Hilda Elstner, Ted Harvey (Teacher), Alice Renger, Josie Haas, Josie Haas, Lillie Chudei, Hattie Boethel; Second Row: Selma Galetka, Hattie Boethel, Sedonia Mikush, Annie Guetler, Doris Raymond, Pauline Koeler; Third Row: Hy. Olsovsky, Henry Guetler, Louis Boethel, Alfred Raymond, Hilmut Treptow; Fourth Row: Mary Olsovsky. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128821/
Boethel School
Portrait of students attending Boethel School in 1907. There are four rows of male and female students posing outside of the school building. In the background, there is an American flag. There are handwritten notes on the back listing names of the individuals. First Row: Victor Treptow, Johnnie Boethel, Edward Ander, Alfred Treptow, Carl Elstner, Ewald ---, --- Boethel, --- Boethel, --- Prilop, Charles ---, Bruno Fahney, ---, Charles Goedrich, James Overgoner; Second Row: --- Arndt, Hulda Voelkel, Josephin Raymond, Lizette Prilop, Mary Kelner, Elsie Spies, Laura Overgonner, Gertrude Elstner, Elvia ---; Third Row: Emilie Staroyoke, --- Kelnar, --- Tobola, Lonie Voelkel, Julie Tobola, Mary Olsovosky, --- Olsovsky, Rosie Goederick, Louise Kelnar, Mata Boethel, Paula Spies, Unknown, --- Elstner, Emilie Kelner, Hilda Raymond, Elsie Voelkel, Selma Boethel; Fourth Row: Matilda Heinsohn, --- Janich, Otto Boethel, Frank Olsovsky, Adolf Goedrich, Herbert Schroeder, Alfred Boethel, William Elstner. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128820/
Boethel School
Portrait of students who attended Boethel School during the 1935-1936 school year. There are five rows of male and female students posing in front of the school building. Accompanying information lists Mrs. Long Prin and Miss Greer as the two teachers. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128823/
Boethel School Reunion
Portrait of former students who attended Boethel School. There are two rows of men and women posing outside in front of an unmarked building. On the front of the picture is writing that says, "Boethel School; May 9, 1937; Prof. W. Eilers; Meeting some of his former students and one patron of 55 years ago." Accompanying information lists names of the students, "First Row: Maggie Long, W.A. Eiler, Mrs. Anton Appelt, Louis of H.L. Boethel, Adolph Boethel, Joseph Appelt; Second Row: Lynn Fertsch (?), Anton Appelt, Mary Treptow, Lydia Menking, Mrs. Adolph Boethel." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128822/
Bunjes School
Portrait of students and staff members posing outside of Bunjes School. There are three rows of male and female students along with two teachers and the principal. On the back of the postcard there is a handwritten note that says, "Bunjes School 1913; Otto Fisseler-principal, Miss Lindsey to his right, Mrs. Fisseler (wife) to his left." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128824/
[Businesses in Lavaca County Courthouse Square]
Photograph of a building on the Lavaca County Courthouse Square. The sign above the store reads, "Optician, watches, clocks, and jewelry," and a sign to the right reads, "The New Era Newsbook and Job Office." The building is two stories high and has a wooden awning around the building. Men, women, and children are standing on the sidewalk outside. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128780/
Children of Henry Braunig and Mary Lindenberg Braunig
Family portrait of the children of Henry Braunig and Mary Lindenberg Braunig. According to accompanying information, the children are Lillie (top left, born February 1889), Victor (top right, born May 1890), Hubert (bottom left, born March 1893), and Carl (bottom right, born August 1895). The photograph is mounted on mat board. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128930/
Commissioner Eilers with Road Drag
Photograph of cattle pulling two men. The cattle are yoked two-by-two. The cattle are doing a road drag to clean up the streets. In the background is a pavilion and a horse drawn carriage. On the back of the photograph is a note that reads, "'Street Cleaning' Dragging the 'streets' around the square." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128802/
Confirmation Class of St. Joseph Catholic Church
Portrait of a confirmation class at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Moulton, Texas. The group is made up of girls and boys, and they are posing in front of an unidentified building, maybe the church. According to accompanying information, the pastor in the picture is Rev. August H. Falkenberg. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128853/
Early Day Stage Inn
Postcard of the Early Day Stage Inn. In the foreground are trees behind a fence. The building is two stories high and has a smooth exterior. On the back of the postcard is a handwritten note to Laurie Walker. Accompanying information lists the inn as the Louis Turner House. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128789/
East Side of Lavaca County Courthouse Square
Photograph of the east side of Lavaca County Courthouse Square. Buildings are lined up next to each other on the square and the building in the foreground is Smothers Grocery Store. Men, women, and children are scattered around the square. Accompanying information lists the location of the grocery store on the corner of LaGrange Street and Third Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128775/
Fey and Braunig Studio
Photograph of the Fey and Braunig Studio in Hallettsville, Texas. On the back, is a handwritten note that says "This is a picture of the first Fey & Braunig studio and skylight in Hallettsville, Texas when Fey and Braunig decided to establish a permanent studio in Hallettsville as well as the one in Cuero, Texas." Another note on the back states that the studio was located north of the present day Hallettsville Lumber Company building on Hwy. 77. According to the accompanying article, the photo belonged to Mrs. H. H. Ahrens, daughter of the late H. G. Braunig, who is pictured standing under the sign. The building had a skylight. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128858/
Fey and Braunig's Portable Photography Studio
Photograph of Fey and Braunig's Portable Photography Studio. The tent says "Fey & Braunig Photographer" with a a picture of a camera at the top right. There are unidentified men around and inside the tent posing for the camera. There is a child's rocking horse toy inside the tent on the left. A note on the back says "Fey & Braunig portable Photographic Studio." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128859/
Field Crop
Photograph of multiple rows of field crops. An older man in a suit and hat is standing on the right side of the photograph, looking at the camera. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128749/
Fire Protection, Hallettsville, Texas
Postcard of a group of firemen posing in the Hallettsville Fire Department's Horse and Fire Wagon on LaGrange Street in front of the Fire Hall. According to accompanying information, the persons in the wagon (left to right) are Richard Waltersdorf, John E. Buss, and O. T. East, and the horse is called "Headlight." "Fire Protection, Hallettsville, Texas" is printed beneath the image. On the back is a letter written to Mrs. Henry Messer in Shiner, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128985/
Fire Protection, Hallettsville, Texas
Postcard of a group of firemen posing on three fire trucks outside of an unidentified building in Hallettsville, Texas. According to accompanying information, the first truck on the far left is a 1920 chemical fire truck and the persons posing on it (left to right) are Julius G. Jalufka, Freddie Buss, Henry Pohl, and Collie McCord. The middle truck is a 1918 fire truck and the persons posing on it (left to right) are Paul H. Fertsch, Joseph F. Fritsch, Otto Hanak, Emil Burkett, and (standing) N. A. Moreland. The third truck, on the far right, is a 1920 pumper fire truck and the persons posing on it (left to right) are John Burkett, Jr., Buck Sokol, and Rudolph Sokol. "Hallettsville, Texas" is written in the lower-left corner and "Fire Protection" is written under the truck on the far right. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128986/
First Grand Jury Called After 1899
Postcard of the first grand jury called after the Hallettsville Courthouse was completed in 1899. The members of the jury are posing in front of the courthouse. They are not named. On the back is written "1st Grand Jury after Present Ct. House built." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128980/
First National Bank
Photograph of the First National Bank. The bank is a two-story building with an awning along the street side of the building. To the right is a single-story building with a sign that reads, "Louis Matula." In the foreground is an unpaved road. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128778/
Former Menger School Trustees at 35th Anniversary
Portrait of former Menger School Trustees. There are two rows of men sitting in front of an unnamed building. Accompanying information lists the names of the men. "Seated L-R: H. Tietjen, John Wagner, H. Remmers, Chas. Menger, ---Jaehne; Standing: Wm. Stock, Ad. Brunkenhoefer, R. Dreyer, O. Zimmerman, E. Harbers, Hy. Kuck, Chas. Malina, Otto Glatzert." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128833/
Former Menger Teachers at 35th Anniversary
Portrait of former Menger School teachers. There are two rows of men and women posed in front of an unnamed building. Accompanying information lists names of the individuals. "Seated L-R: M. Albert, Vera Kasper, Alice Remm, Unknown, Ella Nueman, H. Liebhafsky, F. Berckanhoff; Standing: A. Ward, Otto Fisseler, Unknown, Chas. Fertsch." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128832/
Gulf Service Station
Photograph of the Gulf Service Station. One car is filling up with gas and there are two men and a boy standing outside the station. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128763/
Hallettsville Hardware Company
Photograph of the interior of Hallettsville Hardware Company. Inside the store are shelves stocked with supplies such as pocket knives and dishes. Three men are behind the counter and one man is at the cash register. A handwritten note on the back includes information about the hardware store. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128794/
Hallettsville High School Baseball Team
Portrait of the Hallettsville High School Baseball Team. The team and coach are posing on the steps of the school. The players are in uniform with bats and gloves. No one is named. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128978/
Hallettsville High School Class of 1931
Portrait of the Hallettsville High School graduating class of 1931. There are fourteen young men and eleven young ladies pictured. All of the boys are wearing suits, and the girls are wearing dresses. At the bottom right is written "H.H.S. Class 1931 Hallettsville-Tex." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128847/
Hallettsville (Hill) Lumber Company
Photograph of the interior of Hallettsville Lumber Company. Four men are standing inside the store. In the foreground is a register and metal machinery is on the wood floor. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128793/
Hallettsville Public School
Portrait of students attending 8th grade at Hallettsville Public School during the 1905-1906 school year. There are two rows of male and female students posing in between two buildings. In the background is a staircase. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photograph that says, "Leonard L. [Unreadable]; Taken February 1906; Age 18 years; 8th Grade Hallettsville School." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128825/
[Hallettsville Public School]
Postcard of Hallettsville Public School. The school is three stories high and has a bell tower. There are steps leading up to the main entrance and trees line the outside of the building. Men and women are on the front steps and on the sidewalk that surrounds the building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128786/
Hallettsville VFD Celebration Committee
Portrait of the Hallettsville Volunteer Fire Department Celebration Committee. The members are sitting or standing around a table, and many of them have something to drink. According to the accompanying article, the seated members are (left to right) H. J. Braunig, John E. Buss, H. J. Heye, Richard Waltersdorf, and Charles Pillar, and the standing members are (left to right) Willie J. Miller, Richard J. Strauss, Otto von Rosenberg, and Mauritz Nau. Written in the center of the photograph is "June 27, 1910 Celebration Com." On the right side is written "Final Report." The article states that "President Pillar appointed committee to see if celebration could be had in June or July at the Park Verein," and that on June 24, 1910 "The firemen met and reported all preparations for the big celebration were perfected and letters were received that large delegations would be here from Yoakum, Shiner, Gonzales, El Campo, Nordheim, Yorktown, Eagle Lake, and other towns." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128849/
Hallettsville Vikings Baseball Team
Portrait of the Hallettsville Vikings Baseball Team. Players and coaches are posing in front of a backdrop. The players are wearing dark color uniforms with an "H" and a "V" on the front. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128976/
Henry H. Russell House
Photograph of the Henry H. Russell house on North Ridge in Hallettsville, Texas. The house is two stories and surrounded by trees. In the foreground, the property is bordered by a wooden fence behind a dirt road. There are handwritten notes on the back of the photograph regarding the house and family. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128791/
Here Is One That Didn't Get Away
Portrait of Reinhold Kluge and child with a large fish. The two are standing in front of an unidentified building with the fishing pole and fish. Written at the bottom is "HERE IS ONE THAT DIDN'T GET AWAY" and "REINHOLD KLUGE HALLETTSVILLE AT BAYSIDE, TEX." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128974/
Honey Creek School
Portrait of eight male and female students standing in front of Honey Creek School. The students are posing outside in front of the door to the building. A sign above the door reads, "Honey Creek School Dist. 26 A." Behind the students is an American flag being held up. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128826/
Hotel Eckels [later New Park Hotel]
Photograph of the the street side view of Hotel Eckels. A horse drawn carriage with "Hotel Eckels" painted on the side is to the left of the building. A horse pulling a wagon with three men sitting in it is in the front of the building. The hotel is made of brick and is three stories tall. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128787/
Houston Hustlers in Hallettsville, Texas
Photograph of the Houston Hustlers as they came through Hallettsville, Texas. According to an accompanying article, "Seven wagons chained together and drawn by eight yoke of oxen conveyed the Houston party from the depot to the barbecue grounds." The wagons are in front of several buildings on the west side of the Courthouse Square. According to another accompanying article, you can see the Lavaca Bank, the white building in the center background, partially visible. There are other people in the street watching, including a band. Written at the bottom right of the photograph is "Houston Hustlers at Hallettsville Texas April 26, 1907." On the back it says "Property of Lillie Ahrens." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128799/
Idle Hour Club
Photograph of Idle Hour Club. The building is two stories tall. Four cars are parked on the dirt road around the building. In the foreground are telephone poles and a street light. Accompanying information lists the location on the corner of E. Second St. and N. Texana. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128776/
J. H. Appelt Building
Photograph of the J. H. Appelt Building in 1889. There are people standing around the building and a man in a cart pulled by two mules. This is a brick two-story building with lots of windows. According to accompanying information, this saloon was located at Third and LaGrange Streets in Hallettsville and was built in 1888-89, and there was a fire in 1890 which resulted in the left side of the building being torn down and rebuilt. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128781/
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST