You limited your search to:

  Partner: Richardson Public Library
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2010
John B. Floyd Home
Photograph of the L. N. Grissom family posing in front of the John B. Floyd home. Behind the family, there is a man posing beside four mules. The wooden house is two stories tall, and was also known as the Floyd Inn; it was built in 1856 in Breckinridge, the predecessor to Richardson, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118216/
John B. Floyd Home and Inn
Photograph of a painting of John B. Floyd Home and Inn. The building is two-stories tall. Depicted on the lawn outside the house, there is a cooking pot on the left and a wagon on the right. A signature is located at the bottom-left of the image. Additional information is given on the back. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118217/
John Huffhines Home
Photograph of a rear-exterior view of the John Huffhines home. The wooden house is two-stories tall. There is a wooden shed and a doghouse in front of the house. There are two statues of people and other various objects in the yard. A label on the top-right of the mat says "Ruth Greer [/] 639 Devonshire R 5 [/] Richardson Texas 75080." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118227/
John Huffhines Home
Photograph of an illustration of an exterior view of the John Huffhines home. There is a chimney drawn on the front of the house. A shed is drawn to the left of the house, and another house is drawn behind it. A picket fence surrounds the property. John Huffhines and his wife, Elizabeth Huffhines, were among Richardson's first settlers. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118226/
John L. "Butch" Floyd Home
Photograph of an exterior view of the John L. (Butch) Floyd home. The wooden house has an awning extending from the front. There are two people standing outside the house on the left. The house is located on what is now Spring Valley Road, west of Central Expressway. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118215/
John Meade Campbell Home
Photograph of an exterior view of John Meade Campbell home. The wooden house is two-stories tall, and a covered porch extends the wide of it. Bushes and trees surround the house. The house was built in 1914, and Methodist Richardson Medical Center now occupies the land. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118212/
John Meade Campbell Home
Photograph of an exterior view of the John Meade home (built in 1914) and surrounding land. To the left of the image, there is a wooden barn and silo beside a pond. To the right and further back, there is a house. Additional information is given on the back of the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118213/
Main Street
Photograph of an aerial view of Main Street, looking east from Greenville Avenue. Two cars are driving on the road. On the right side of the road, two businesses are identified as Black & Decker and Baskin Robbins. In the background, there are trees and buildings. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118381/
Main Street
Photograph of an aerial view of Main Street, looking west from Greenville Avenue. Cars are driving down the road; parked cars and buildings are on both sides of the road. In the background, there are two water towers, and a multi-story building on the right, identified as First City Bank. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118380/
Main Street
Photograph of an aerial view of Main Street, looking west from Greenville Avenue. Cars are driving along the road, and parked amongst buildings. In the background, there is a view of two water towers; the multi-story building on the right is identified as First City Bank. The photograph was taken from a fire truck ladder. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118375/
Main Street
Photograph of a view of Main Street. Several cars are parked along the gravel road. Business run along the left side of it; one is identified as the Ritz Theatre, and a two-story building identified as Citizens State Bank. In the background, there is a water tower. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118372/
Main Street
Photograph of an aerial view of Main Street, looking west from the Greenville Avenue. There are cars driving on the road; parked cars and buildings are on each side of the road. In the background, there is a view of two water towers and a multi-story building identified as First City Bank. This photograph was taken from a fire truck ladder. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118377/
Main Street
Photograph of an aerial view of Main Street, looking from Greenville Avenue. There are cars on the road at an intersection. Cars are parked amongst buildings on both sides of the perpendicular road. In the background, there are two water towers. This photograph was taken from a fire truck ladder. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118378/
Main Street
Photograph of an aerial view of Main Street, looking west from Greenville Avenue. There are cars at an intersection. Several cars are parked amongst buildings. The photograph was taken from a fire truck ladder. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118374/
Main Street
Photograph of an aerial view of Main Street, looking west from Greenville Avenue. Cars are driving on two perpendicular roads. Cars are parked amongst buildings on both sides of the streets. In the background, there is a view of two water towers. This photograph was taken from a fire truck ladder. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118379/
Main Street
Photograph of an aerial view of Main Street, looking east from Greenville Avenue. Cars are driving along the road. Buildings and trees are on both sides of the street; one building on the right is identified as Baskin Robbins. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118376/
Main Street
Photograph of an aerial view of Main Street, looking west from Greenville Avenue. There are two cars at an intersection. Several other cars are parked beside buildings. The photograph was taken from a fire truck ladder. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118368/
Main Street
Photograph of a view of Main Street from the Greenville Avenue intersection. One man is standing in the road in the foreground. A row of cars is parked on the side of the street. There are also businesses along the street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118369/
Main Street, 1912
Photograph of seven cars parked in a line on Main Street in Richardson, Texas. Some cars have people sitting in them, and some have American flags attached. In the background, there are several buildings. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118371/
Main Street Late 1800s
Photograph of a view of Main Street in Richardson, Texas. Several buildings line the street, and several horse-drawn wagons are parked along the sides. In the foreground, there is another horse-drawn wagon. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118370/
[Map of] City of Richardson, Texas
Map of Richardson, Texas. The town boundaries are marked as well as the streets, land divisions, and creeks. Scale 1:1,200. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118293/
[Map of] City of Richardson, Texas
Map of Richardson, Texas. The town boundaries are marked as well as the streets, land divisions, and creeks. Scale 1:1,200. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118289/
[Map of] Richardson, Dallas County
Map showing the town of Richardson, Texas in Dallas County. The town boundaries are marked as well as the streets, land divisions, the tracks for the Houston & Texas Central Railroad, and a creek that fall within the town. Scale 1:2,400. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118292/
[Map of] Richardson, Texas. Sewer System.
Map showing the town of Richardson, Texas' water system. The streets are marked as well as the land divisions, survey lines, corporation lines, and the tracks for the Houston & Texas Central Railroad. Sewer lines are marked in red. Scale 1:2,400. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118291/
[Map of] Richardson, Texas. Water System.
Map showing the town of Richardson, Texas' water system. The streets are marked as well as the land divisions, survey lines, corporation lines, and the tracks for the Houston & Texas Central Railroad. The pipe line layout is marked in red. Scale 1:2,400. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118290/
Miss Belle's Place
Photograph of an exterior view of Miss Belle's Place. The wooden house is two-stories tall with a covered porch extending the width of the house. The house is surrounded by trees, and a picket fence surrounds the property. In the foreground, there is a road with a car parked on it. Virginia Bell (Miss Belle) Robberson taught school in the house for forty years. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118235/
Miss Belle's Place
Photograph of an exterior view of Miss Belle's Place. The wooden house is two-stories tall with a covered porch extending the width of the house. The house is surrounded by trees, and a picket fence surrounds the property. In the foreground, there is a road with a car parked on it. Virginia Bell (Miss Belle) Robberson taught school in the house for forty years. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118237/
Miss Belle's Place
Photograph of an exterior view of Miss Belle's Place. The wooden house is two-stories tall with a covered porch extending the width of the house. Four fold-out chairs are set up on the left of the porch, and there is one rocking chair on the right side. There is a white picket fence and a paved road in front of the house. Virginia Bell (Miss Belle) Robberson taught school in the house for forty years. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118238/
Miss Belle's Place
Photograph of an exterior view of Miss Belle's Place. The wooden house is two-stories tall with a covered porch extending the width of the house. The house is surrounded by trees, and a picket fence surrounds the property. Virginia Bell (Miss Belle) Robberson taught school in the house for forty years. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118234/
Miss Belle's Place
Photograph of an exterior view of Miss Belle's Place. The wooden house is two-stories tall with a covered porch extending the width of the house. The house is surrounded by trees, and a picket fence surrounds the house. Two cars are parked to the left of the house. Virginia Bell (Miss Belle) Robberson taught school in the house for forty years. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118236/
Miss Belle's Place
Photograph of an exterior view of Miss Belle's Place. The wooden house is two-stories tall with a covered porch extending the width of the house. A picket fence in the front extends the length of a road. Virginia Bell (Miss Belle) Robberson taught school in the house for forty years. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118233/
E. O. Campbell Home
Photograph of the E. O. Campbell residence on 400 East Campbell Road in Richardson, Texas. The wooden house is two-stories tall. A woman identified as Mrs. E. O. Campbell is sitting outside of it. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118211/
Pearl Richardson Home
Photograph of three houses, the house on the left is identified as Pearl Richardson's home. A woman identified as Mrs. Sara Jane Longmire, Pearl Richardson's mother, is standing beside the porch. In the foreground, there is a wooden bridge and piles of pipes in front of each house; they would be used for the sewer system in the alley. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118229/
[Portrait of a man standing on a brick walkway]
Photograph of an elderly man standing on a brick sidewalk, and is wearing a hat and suspenders. In the background, there is a corrugated-metal structure. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118254/
Portrait of Arthur Blewett
Photograph of a bust-length portrait of Arthur Chapman Blewett. He is wearing a military uniform. He was born August 5, 1894, and died August 25, 1966. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118250/
Portrait of Bill Stratton
Photograph of a man standing, identified as Bill Stratton. He is wearing a World War I uniform and hat, and is holding a rifle with both hands. In the background, there is a wooden house. William (Bill) Stratton lived from March 24, 1900 to March 1971. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118202/
Portrait of Bill Stratton and Neely Huffhines
Photograph of two men standing, identified as Bill Stratton and Neely Huffhines. The men are both wearing World War I military uniforms and hats. They are standing on the porch of Huffhines' wooden house on Plano Road before it burned. William (Bill) Statler Stratton lived from March 24, 1900 to March 1971. Davis Neely Huffhines lived from December 28, 1895 to April 1987. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118201/
Portrait of Bill Stratton and Neely Huffhines
Photograph of two men, identified as Bill Stratton and Neely Huffhines, standing and saluting one another. The men are both wearing World War I uniforms and hats. In the background, there is a house with a covered porch. William (Bill) Statler Stratton lived from March 24, 1900 to March 1971. Davis Neely Huffhines lived from December 28, 1895 to April 1987. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118200/
Portrait of Bill Stratton, Mary Huffhines, and Neely Huffhines
Photograph of two men and one woman, identified as Bill Stratton, Mary (Lawler) Huffhines, and Neely Huffhines; Mary Huffhines is the mother of Neely Huffhines. The two men are wearing World War I military uniforms and hats, and the woman is wearing a light-colored blouse and dark-colored skirt. The three people are standing outside of the Huffhines' home, a two-story house with a covered porch, before it burned. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118199/
Portrait of Billye Meyer with Family
Copy photograph of a woman, a man, and two children; the woman and man are identified as Billye (Leatherwood) Meyer and Lester Meyer. The man is holding the youngest child, James Lester Meyer, and the girl, Lady Ellen Meyer Germond, is standing in front of the woman. They are all standing in front of a two-story wooden farmhouse identified as Miss Belle's (Belle Robberson) Place. Built around 1887, it one of the oldest houses in Richardson, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118203/
Portrait of Bob Hughey
Photograph of a bust-length portrait of Bob Hughey, the Richardson, Texas city manager. He is wearing paisley tie and pinstriped suit jacket. He retired in April 1995, after 21 years. He took over the top spot when Robert B. Sherrill retired January 1, 1974. Mr. Hughey graduated from Texas Tech in 1960 with a bachelor's degree in government. From July 1960 to April 1963, he worked as an administrative assistant in Lubbock. Until joining Richardson in July 1971, Mr. Hughey worked for the cities of Wichita Falls, Texas, and Los Alamos, [New Mexico]. In 1974, he was named "Outstanding Young Man of Richardson" by the Richardson Jaycees. He is past president of the North Texas City Management Association and a former member of the Texas City Management Association's Ethics and Professional Standards Committee. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118273/
Portrait of Carl V. Peterson (Councilman)
Photograph of a portrait of Carl V. Peterson, a Richardson City Council member. He is wearing a suit jacket and patterned tie. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118301/
Portrait of Cecil Clyde Huffhines
Photograph of a bust-length portrait of Cecil Clyde Huffhines (September 10, 1885 to June 21, 1970). She is wearing glasses, earrings, three necklaces, and a pin on her right lapel. She was married to Elmo Huffhines Sr. (October 31, 1879 to January 8, 1975) on February 16, 1904. Clyde Huffhines is the daughter of C. C. (Mayor) Huffhines and Sarah (Sally) Chick Huffhines. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118262/
Portrait of Charles Blewett
Photograph of a portrait of Charles Henry Blewett. He is wearing a World War I uniform, and has two medals pinned on the right side of his jacket. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118251/
Portrait of Clifford Huffhines
Photograph of a bust-length portrait of Clifford Lester Huffhines. He is wearing a suit, a tie, a watch on his right hand, and rings. He is seated in a wheelchair. He was born May 13, 1913, and died February 6, 1996. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118281/
Portrait of Curley Lawler 1919
Photograph of a portrait of Ethel "Curley" Pierce. She is wearing a hat and pants suit. She is standing in front of a wooden building with lattice board. Pierce is the daughter of Martha Hanks Pierce; she was born on February 1, 1894, and died October 27, 1978. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118268/
Portrait of Curley Pierce and Gene Lawler
Photograph of a woman and man standing in front of a wooden fence and facing each other; they are identified as Ethel "Curley" Pierce and Oliver Eugene "Gene" Lawler. The man is holding snow in both of his hands. In the background, there are houses. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118266/
Portrait of Curley Pierce Lawler
Photograph of a woman identified as Ethel "Curly" Pierce Lawler. She is posing in a horse-drawn wagon. In the background, there are trees. She was born on February 1, 1894, and died October 27, 1978. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118269/
Portrait of Doctor R. P. Harben
Copy photograph of a bust-length portrait of Dr. Raymond P. Harben. He is wearing a suit jacket and tie. He also owned a drug store in Richardson, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118257/
Portrait of Dorothy Putnam
Photograph of a bust-length portrait of a woman identified as Dorothy Rippy Putnam. She is wearing glasses, a necklace, and a blouse with an applique bow on the left shoulder. Putnam was born March 28, 1916, and died January 16, 2002. She married Saville Putnam. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118286/