You limited your search to:

  Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
 Language: English
 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
1887 Graduating class of Austin High School

1887 Graduating class of Austin High School

Date: 1887
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the 1887 graduating class of Austin High School. Front row (left to right): Pearl Caswell, Nannie Kelley, Florence Collins, Lucille James. Middle row (left to right): Eliza Mitchell, J. H. Bryant (professor), Minnie Sykes. Back row standing (left to right): unidentified woman, Mila Morris, Janie Maxwell, unidentified woman, Eve Sadler, Gertrude Whitis, Helen Grant, and William Gorden.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Aerial view of courts and seats at Caswell Tennis Center]

[Aerial view of courts and seats at Caswell Tennis Center]

Date: June 20, 1950
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin
Description: Photograph of an aerial view of all six tennis courts, spectator stands, and parking at the Caswell Tennis Center on Shoal Creek at 24th and N. Lamar. Two men's doubles matches are visible in the back two courts. Spectators crowd in the shade under the awning. Residential neighborhoods are visible behind the tennis courts in the background.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Aerial View of Deep Eddy]

[Aerial View of Deep Eddy]

Date: 19uu
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of an aerial view of Deep Eddy pool and surrounding area. The pool is dried out and the trees are bare indicating winter. There are no visible people or activity near the pool. Deep Eddy began as a natural swimming hole in the Colorado River and was expanded into a man-made swimming pool in 1915 by A.J. Eilers, Sr. Deep Eddy pool is the oldest swimming pool in Texas and is operated and maintained by the City of Austin.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Aerial View of Governor's Mansion]

[Aerial View of Governor's Mansion]

Date: 1909
Creator: unknown
Description: Early photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion front elevation from a high vantage point across the street, showing lot in front of the mansion, grounds. The Carriage House is visible behind trees to the right of the mansion. A wooden fence is visible behind the mansion, but other fences are removed. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1909 was Governor Thomas Mitchell Campbell. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Aerial View of Zilker Park]

[Aerial View of Zilker Park]

Date: unknown
Creator: Southwestern Aerial Survey
Description: Photograph of an aerial view of Zilker Park looking north. Shows the area of Barton Springs with Lady Bird Lake in the background
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Aerial view of Zilker Park looking west]

[Aerial view of Zilker Park looking west]

Date: 1938
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin
Description: Aerial photograph of Zilker Springs during development in 1938.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[African-American families]

[African-American families]

Date: [1860..1890]
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a family of African-Americans standing in front of a log cabin. A young girl stands in the open doorway of the cabin and looks on at the family portrait.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Airplane view of vicinity of Waller Creek and East First Street

Airplane view of vicinity of Waller Creek and East First Street

Date: 19uu
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Airplane view of vicinity of Waller Creek and East 1st Street. East 1st Street is visible diagonally down the center of the image from top to bottom, while Waller Creek cuts through the image from left to right.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Anderson High School students]

[Anderson High School students]

Date: [1889, 1920]
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Anderson High School students lined up outside the schoolhouse which is either at Olive and Curve Streets or at Pennsylvania Street (currently Kealing Middle school). This class is composed of mostly female African American students.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Arc welder at Weigl Iron Works]

[Arc welder at Weigl Iron Works]

Date: 19uu
Creator: Austin Citizen Photograph
Description: Photograph of a member of the Weigl family using an arc welder on a project. The Weigl Iron Works was founded in 1922 by German immigrant and founder Fortunat Weigl. In 1935 Weigl moved his foundry from its Exposition Boulevard location to 100 Red River location where it remained for several decades. He was joined in business by his sons Lee and Herbert who continued to operate after Fortunat's death in 1973 until their retirement in 1977. In 1978, the location was reopened as Iron Works BBQ in honor of the history at that location.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST