Concordia University Texas
About this Partner
The Concordia University Texas Library presents images of the original campus in central Austin, which was then a boys’ high school called Lutheran Concordia College. These photographs feature early faculty and students as well as buildings including Kilian Hall, Texas Hall, Hirschi Library, Birkman Chapel, Behnker Hall, Studtmann Hall, Woltman Activities Center, and Kramer Hall. Also included in the University Records series is correspondence between the institution’s Board of Control and the national Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod leadership describing the campus development. Correspondence features discussion with architects and contractors regarding building construction and repairs. The Theodore Schmidt Collection includes 73 photographs taken by a student of the first Lutheran Concordia College class, admitted in 1926.