Date: Circa 1990
Creator: Dallas Firefighters Museum
Description: Photograph of Dallas Fire-Rescue Station #27, 8401 Douglas Avenue, Dallas, Tex. Fire Station #27 opened in 1948. It has 2 full bays and contains 4,564 square feet. In the mid-1940s, Engine 27 ran out of a small garage on Preston Road. Firefighters assigned to that apparatus slept in a former flower shop 60 to 70 feet away. At that time, the only structure along Northwest Highway was a water tower; there were a few stores on the two lane Preston Road. What is today North Dallas, was then rural countryside.
Contributing Partner: Dallas Firefighters Museum