Arlington Historical Society's Fielder House Museum
About this Partner
Arlington Historical Society presents photographs from its World War II collection as well as early images of Arlington's development including major construction projects for General Motors, Six Flags Mall, and Arlington Stadium.
The Fielder House, a two-story community landmark, was built in 1914 and is one of the earliest brick homes in Arlington. It belonged to James Fielder, Sr., a successful lawyer, farmer, philanthropist, and banker and is now preserved as a museum with the purpose of collecting, preserving, and interpreting local and county historical materials. The galleries at the Fielder House are used primarily to exhibit themes and topics relating to the history of Arlington and its surrounding communities.