An accurate map of Africa drawn from the best modern maps & charts and regulated by astronoml. observatns. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title An accurate map of Africa drawn from the best modern maps & charts and regulated by astronoml. observatns.
Author: Bowen, Emanuel, d. 1767Creator Type: Personal
- Creation: 1747
- Content Description: Map shows mid-eighteenth century political boundaries, cities, and indigenous tribes in Africa. Relief shown pictorially. Scale not given.
- Physical Description: 1 map : col. ; 15 x 20 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - Africa
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Cities and towns -- Africa -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Indigenous peoples -- Africa -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Africa -- Maps.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1747
- Place Name: Africa
Name: Map Collections from the University of Texas at ArlingtonCode: UTAM
Name: University of Texas at Arlington LibraryCode: UTA
- Accession or Local Control No: 88-163
- OCLC: 76789030
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth192722
- Display Note: Published in London, England.
- Digital Preservation: creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K
- Display Note: In right upper margin: "to face P. 267 Vol. I."