[Curtner Drug Store]

Description

Photograph of the inside of the Curtner Drug Store. Two people are looking at products in a glass display in the center of the store. Three other men are standing behind the counters in the background. Handwriting on the back of the photograph states that the man on the left with the dark cup is Ruel Curtner, and the man on the right with the dark hat is "Papa" Curtner.

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 11 x 17 cm., on mat

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. 1910/1915.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Rescuing Texas History, 2011 and was provided by Collingsworth County Museum to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Named Person

Person who is significant in some way to the content of this photograph. Additional names may appear in Subjects below.

Rights Holder

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Collingsworth County Museum

The Collingsworth County Museum contributes their collection of photographs, dating from 1888 through 2010, that represent the culture and heritage of the people of eastern Panhandle Texas. Included are photographs of school children, school buildings, businesses, street scenes, downtown buildings, churches, agriculture, people, and families of the county.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of the inside of the Curtner Drug Store. Two people are looking at products in a glass display in the center of the store. Three other men are standing behind the counters in the background. Handwriting on the back of the photograph states that the man on the left with the dark cup is Ruel Curtner, and the man on the right with the dark hat is "Papa" Curtner.

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 11 x 17 cm., on mat

Subjects

Keyword

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Rescuing Texas History, 2011

Rescuing Texas History, 2011 features collections from 13 partners: Carollton Public Library, Cleveland Historic Society, Collingsworth County Museum, Dallas Municipal Archives, Mike Cochran Collection, Sam Rayburn House Museum, St. David's Episcopal Church, National Museum of the Pacific War, Talkington/Clement Family Archives, Sam Rayburn House Museum, Travis County District Clerk's Office, Witte Museum, and Wolf Creek Heritage Museum.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • 1910/1915

Covered Time Period

Start & End Dates

  • 1910 - 1915

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • Feb. 22, 2012, 3:09 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 10

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Viewing

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[Curtner Drug Store], photograph, 1910/1915; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth207475/: accessed December 7, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Collingsworth County Museum.