History

The Llano News is the newspaper of record for the county and continues to support the people who make Llano a healthy place to live and raise families. The Llano News is housed in a recently restored historic building and has maintained the original flavor of a newspaper in the heart of a ranching community.

In 1954 Hal Cunningham bought the building plus all the equipment and furniture and published the paper for the next 25 years. Bud and Sarah Buckner were the next in line for owning and publishing The Llano News. The building is now owned by Scott Wesner and the publisher is his father, Ken Wesner. Jimmy Stephenson was the editor for 15 years and Heather Wagner was in the editor’s chair from April 2011 to March 2016. John Verser took over as editor in March 2016.



At a Glance