Jackson County Memorial Library

History

The library had a very small beginning and grew slowly for a few years. By 1939 it was considered one of the best county libraries in Texas in proportion to the population and located in the Jackson County Courthouse.

In 1966 the library was turned over to Jackson County, ending one of the first projects of the Eleanor Brackenridge Literary Club. The library remained in the courthouse until 1985 and was then moved into the County Services Building.

Mission

The Jackson County Memorial Library’s mission is to meet the needs of a diverse and growing constituency by providing a wide variety of materials, resources, and services that will enhance and contribute to individual knowledge, enlightenment, and enjoyment. The Governing Board and Library staff work together to serve the public and to respond to the changing nature of library services.

Contact

Help Desk

361-782-2162

jclibrary@jcml-tx.org

Address

411 N. Wells St., Room 121
Edna, TX 77957



At a Glance