Pharr Memorial Library

History

With deep roots in Texas history, the city of Pharr was originally sited in a Spanish land grant made in 1767 to Juan José Hinojosa.

The city became further developed when, in 1911, it was a stop on the St. Louis, Brownsville, and Mexico Railway, where it served as a crossroads for shipping and travel between the United States and Mexico.

Contact

Reference

956-402-4650

RosalesR@pharr.lib.tx.us

Address

121 E Cherokee Ave.
Pharr, TX 78577-4826



At a Glance