St. Mary's University Louis J. Blume Library

About the College

The University began as St. Mary's College on the banks of the San Antonio River. In 1894, the present campus was acquired and a second Marianist school, St. Louis College, was established. This school became St. Mary's University of San Antonio in 1926. St. Mary’s currently offers more than 75 programs, including two doctoral and two law programs. While St. Mary's has always been and continues to be a Catholic and a Marianist University, it serves people of all faiths in San Antonio, South Texas, and other parts of the nation and the world. The mission of St. Mary’s University, as a Catholic Marianist University, is to foster the formation of people in faith and educate leaders for the common good through community, integrated liberal arts and professional education, and academic excellence.

Contributions

The Louis J. Blume Library at St. Mary’s University contributes materials from its Brother Joseph W. Schmitz Special Collections. Special Collections includes the Spanish Archives of Laredo, records of the Old Spanish Trail Association, the Military Collection (including materials from Colonel Martin L. Crimmins), materials on Henri Castro and his colonists, the Pola Negri Collection, and University Archives (including The Rattler newspaper, the Diamondback yearbooks and other University publications).

In partnership with the Portal to Texas History, St. Mary’s provides access to a set of published indexes to the Laredo Archives, and to historic issues of the campus newspaper, the Rattler.

Contact

Jill Crane

210-346-3441 x1314

jcrane3@stmarytx.edu

Address

Louis J. Blume Library
St. Mary’s University
One Camino Santa Maria
San Antonio, TX 78228



At a Glance