This system will be undergoing maintenance Tuesday, March 28 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM CST

Arapaho Road at North Central Expressway, Richardson, Texas

Description

Arapaho Road, east from North Central Expressway (U.S. Highway 75), taken from roadside between north-bound Central and its access road. A vehicle carrying earth-moving equipment is east-bound on Arapaho Road. At the SE corner of the intersection is a sign: "TURN LEFT FASCINATION HOMES NORTHRICH WEST." Five or six small trees are enclosed with a low fence on the right/south side of Arapaho. Further east is a gravel/cement/construction facility. On the left/north side of Arapaho are 2 houses. On the horizon a railroad crossing sign is visible, and a vehicle on the street at the horizon. Various utility lines and ...

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. 1958~.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Texas History Collection and was provided by Richardson Public Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 1531 times , with 28 in the last month . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Rights Holders

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Richardson Public Library

The Richardson Public Library collection features images of early settlers, local farms, and businesses, including Texas Instruments.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Arapaho Road, east from North Central Expressway (U.S. Highway 75), taken from roadside between north-bound Central and its access road. A vehicle carrying earth-moving equipment is east-bound on Arapaho Road. At the SE corner of the intersection is a sign: "TURN LEFT FASCINATION HOMES NORTHRICH WEST."
Five or six small trees are enclosed with a low fence on the right/south side of Arapaho. Further east is a gravel/cement/construction facility. On the left/north side of Arapaho are 2 houses. On the horizon a railroad crossing sign is visible, and a vehicle on the street at the horizon. Various utility lines and poles edge streets and the railroad.

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

  • Accession or Local Control No: RPLv006b
  • Accession or Local Control No: Folder V 6b
  • Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth3063

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Texas History Collection

Drawn from collections at the UNT Libraries and various partners, these materials about Texas history include artifacts, books, documents, manuscripts, photographs, maps, letters, and more.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • 1958~

Covered Time Period

Coverage Date

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • May 10, 2005, 3:33 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Oct. 13, 2014, 11:22 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 1
Past 30 days: 28
Total Uses: 1,531

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Arapaho Road at North Central Expressway, Richardson, Texas, photograph, 1958~; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3063/: accessed March 27, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Richardson Public Library.