[The Presbyterian Church: First Building]

The first Presbyterian Church building at NW 4th Avenue and Second Street is shown here, with a gentleman in early 20th-century clothes standing in front of it. The great fire of 1908 destroyed it. The building was replaced (at the same site) with another, stone church, which was itself demolished and replaced by a third structure that remains to this day [2011] at the same address. Pictures of both buildings occur in A.F. Weaver's book on page 143. Detailed pictures of the second building may be found in this collection.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. Creation Date: Unknown.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: A. F. Weaver Collection and was provided by Boyce Ditto Public Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 11 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Rights Holder

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Provided By

Boyce Ditto Public Library

The Boyce Ditto Public Library materials include local history from the A. F. Weaver Collection featuring resort souvenir guides and photos of Mineral Wells from its founding to the present. There is extensive coverage of the Hexagon House, the Baker Hotel, Camp/Fort Wolters and the many mineral wells that made the city a major resort in the first half of the 20th Century.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

The first Presbyterian Church building at NW 4th Avenue and Second Street is shown here, with a gentleman in early 20th-century clothes standing in front of it. The great fire of 1908 destroyed it. The building was replaced (at the same site) with another, stone church, which was itself demolished and replaced by a third structure that remains to this day [2011] at the same address.
Pictures of both buildings occur in A.F. Weaver's book on page 143. Detailed pictures of the second building may be found in this collection.

Subjects

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

A. F. Weaver Collection

This colorful panorama covers the founding of Mineral Wells through its mercurial growth as a resort center and army town up to the present. A. F. Weaver was a photographer and local historian, and the collection includes photographs that he took as well as photographs he copied from local families and established research sources.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Dates

  • This photograph's creation, acceptance, or submission date is unknown.

Covered Time Period

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • Nov. 12, 2009, 3:16 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Feb. 17, 2014, 9:35 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 11

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[The Presbyterian Church: First Building], photograph, Date Unknown; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth60896/: accessed September 30, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Boyce Ditto Public Library.