Rescuing Texas History, 2007 - 104 Matching Results

Search Results

[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link House]

Description: Close-up photograph of the front walk leading to the entrance of the "H.H. Link House" located at 1003 N. Link in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story, white house with both Queen Anne and Classical Revival-style architectures, including two-story Ionic columns across the front.
Date: 1930~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link House]

Description: Photograph of the front of the "H.H. Link House" located at 1003 N. Link in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story, white house with both Queen Anne and Classical Revival-style architectures, including two-story Ionic columns across the front.
Date: 1930~
Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission

[1101 N. Perry - Howard House]

Description: The Howard House was the former home of Colonel George Howard and his wife, Cornelia Cox Howard. Built in 1851 the house is located on land deeded August 17, 1850 to Colonel Howard from Judge Reuben Reeves and his wife, Sarah. Colonel Howard and Mrs. Howard came to Palestine from Tennessee in 1849. Given the title of Colonel when he organized a company of men during the Civil War, he later served in the Texas Legislature, held several county offices and was Mayor of Palestine from 1886-1887. Colonel Howard was an active merchant in Palestine and in 1855 his store was located on the east side of the courthouse square. The Howard House of Greek revival influence is one of the best preserved examples of the ante bellum homes in the city. A walk of handmade brick leads to the house with its pillared portico and a center hall runs through the house with rooms on either side. There are a number of furnishings and other interesting items which are original to the house including a beautifully carved piano. The home remained in the possession of descendants of the Howard family until it was purchased by the City of Palestine on November 23, 1964 for a museum. Since that time it has been repaired and is being furnished by various organizations for meetings.
Date: 1930~
Partner: Palestine Public Library

1939 Graduating Class of Morgan High School

Description: Group of graduates from the class of 1939, from Morgan High School, seven girls seated in front, row of ten students and faculty standing in back, taken by a brick building, photgraphed by Goodwin of Dallas. First row, seated, left to right: Willie May Legion, Doris Rasmuson, Thelma Morris, Elsie Kirton, Minnie Ruth Mooney, Reba McCullough, Corine Waldrop. Back row, standing, left to right: Lou Ella Linam, John Edward Linam, Dorothy Thompson, James Kelly Cook, Homer Brown, Oma Lee Hix, Bernay Martin, Morris Johnson, Jigs Weehunt, Pauline Kirton
Date: 1939
Partner: Bosque County Historical Commission

Birthday Party for Mrs R V Ferguson

Description: Large group of people atteding a birtday party honoring Mrs R V Ferguson, given by John Sleeper at the Boating and Fishing Club in Waco on December 15, 1938. They are dressed formally, some are seated in chairs in front row and some are standing in back. Those attending: Mrs Allen D Sanford, Mr John Sleeper, Mrs R V Ferguson, Mr Allen D Sanford, Miss Minnie Killough, Judge P S Hale, Mrs R L Baldridge, Mr H J Cureton, Mrs A J Hall, Mr Tom M Sleeper, Mrs Jennie Crow, Judge W M Sleeper, Mrs P S Hale, Mr R L Baldridge, Mrs W M Sleeper, Mr R V Ferguson, Mrs John Sleeper, Dr A J Hall, Mrs Ida E Lumpkin, Mr R M Killough, Mrs Tom M Sleeper, Mr Frank Woodruff, Miss Mary Pearl Hale, Mrs Hattie Bush, Mrs Craig Logan, Miss Marjorie Hale, Mr Craig Logan, Mrs H J Cureton, Miss Susie Sleeper
Date: 1938
Partner: Bosque County Historical Commission

[Childress High School Boys Football Team 1930]

Description: Photograph of Childress High School Boys Football Team in 1930. The members are posing in three rows, the back two rows are standing and the front row is sitting. Two men in suits are standing on the right hand side of the photograph. The football players are wearing their team sweaters which displays a large "C". They are standing in front of an unidentifiable brick building.
Date: 1930
Partner: Childress County Heritage Museum

[Cincinnati Union Station]

Description: One of the nation's greatest railroad terminals, the Cincinnati Union Station, March 1933. This terminal was designed to accommodate, daily, 17,000 people and 216 trains (108 inbound and 108 outbound). This station has eight platforms serving 16 tracks. Each platform has length of 1,600 feet. This terminal represents a total investment in excess of forty-one million dollars.
Date: March 1933
Creator: Nowak, Ed
Partner: Museum of the American Railroad

Clifton High School Senior Class of 1936

Description: Group photograph of thirty three students and faculty members, or the senior class of Clifton High School, class of 1936. Pictured left to right; 1st row: Omar Jones, Aubrey Dahl, Carl Burton Caldwell, Jack Nabors, Joe Dahl, C.E.Schow, Woodrow Forson 2nd row: Mary Kilpatrick, Ruth Dyess, Johnnie Dyess, Nadene Ross, Jo Prigmore, Alice Mary Nelson, Edna Bergman, Reva Humphries 3rd row: Leon Eckert, Olive J. Dahl, Frances Hutcherson, Noryene Oswald, Superintendent W.D. Raley, Principal Oris Pierson, Mildred Hill, Juanita Jenson, Ann Rea, Alvin Jorgenson 4th row: Hugh Bronstad, Charles Reese, David Helton, John Christenson, P.O. Dahl, T.O. Swenson, Leo Albrecht, Joe Cooper Not present - Anna Marie Seljos R
Date: 1936
Partner: Bosque County Historical Commission